Brewer Fanatic

5/20/05 Brewers (Glover) @ Twins (Silva) 7:10 p.m. CST

Interleague play is here again, this is the ninth season.

Milwaukee will start the Interleague play against it's "Natural Rival" Minnesota Twins. Here's your match-up for this evening:

Affectionately known around BF.Net as "G-LOVE" :

RHP Gary Glover

? 2-2, 5.73 ERA in 2005

@

RHP Carlos Silva

? 2-2, 3.77 ERA in 2005

Quote:
"They were always kind of rival when they were back in the American League I think they'd pack the place up with cheeseheads and that kind of stuff." -- Wisconsin native Brad Radke, scheduled to start Saturday for the Twins

Let's pound this guy and his Twinkie teammates into the astro turf.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This would be cool for today:

8= Clark

4= Hall

9= Jenks

7= Lee

3= O

2= Miller

5= 3TO

DH= Helms (sorry)

6= Hardy

yeah, that right I said it! Helms at D.H.! If you're gonna play A.L. style, you may as well use that type of line up.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Quote:
I actually really like seeing different teams and think it is one of Bud Selig's greatest accomplishments as commisioner (along with adding the wild card teams and cracking down on steroids).

I like interleague play, but I have to side with Dusty Baker (gasp) on one thing, it's not fair to have the Brewers get 6 games against the Twins, while the Cards get 6 against the Royals. Ok Dusty was talking Cubs/Sox, but the problem is the same.

The last thing we need is to give the Cards an extra 2-3 games on the rest of the division.

For what its worth...

Brewers lifetime averages vs Carlos Silva

Carlos Lee: 6-18, .813 OPS

Junior Spivey: 3-6, 1.071 OPS

Geoff Jenkins: 2-5, .800 OPS

Damian Miller: 1-3, 1.000 OPS

Brady Clark: 1-3, .833 OPS

Lyle Overbay: 1-2, 1.000 OPS

Russell Branyan: 0-1

Bill Hall: 0-1

Wes Helms: 0-3

Brewers collectively hitting vs Silva: 15 for 47, .319/.360/.447/.807, only 4 Ks

Stats are from only 1 or two games, with the exception of Carlos. Interesting to note, it seems that Carlos has really handled Twins pitching well in the past. Including very nice numbers against both Radke and Santana.

link

Your DH is Branyan tonight, Cirillo batting #2 at 3B. I still can't get the whole code thing right either, so you'll have to wait for the entire lineups.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

over9under over today 13-9

3-10 in ya-ya's .300

ya-ya today: Lee

Beer records

Point Special 3-0

Bush Light 2-0

Old style light 2-0

Hamms 2-0

Miller High Life 2-0

Box Wine 2-2

Bud light 3-2

Old Milwaukee 1-1

Red Dog 1-4

Old Milwaukee Light 1-2

Pabst Blue Ribbon 0-1

Stroh's Light 0-1

Blatz 0-2

Miller Light 0-6

Drinking: blatz

GO BREWERS

I don't know if they're showing it on the Brewers' FSN feed, but Bert Blyleven and Bill Schroeder played wiffleball on the Metrodome Plaza. It was kind of funny. It's easy to see why Schroeder was a catcher (he didn't hit well) and why Blyleven was a pitcher (neither did he). http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Lineups:
 MILWAUKEE MINNESOTA AVG HR RBI AVG HR RBI Brady Clark CF .345 5 19 Shannon Stewart LF .279 4 17 Jeff Cirillo 3B .264 1 7 Nick Punto 2B .256 0 5 Geoff Jenkins RF .268 4 15 Joe Mauer C .319 4 16 Carlos Lee LF .253 8 33 Justin Morneau 1B .358 7 24 Lyle Overbay 1B .314 7 26 Torii Hunter CF .244 5 22 Damian Miller C .266 1 9 Jacque Jones RF .296 5 16 Russell Branyan DH .250 5 15 Lew Ford DH .254 2 19 Junior Spivey 2B .239 3 14 Michael Cuddyer 3B .274 2 12 Bill Hall SS .280 2 9 Juan Castro SS .250 0 4 Gary Glover RHP (2-2, 5.73) Carlos Silva RHP (2-2, 3.77)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived