Brewer Fanatic

5/21/05 Brewers (Davis) @ Twins (Radke) 6:10 CST

Our Milwaukee Brewers will try to bounce back from a tough loss and a bit of a skid this evening in Minnesota. Facing Brad Radke won't make that an easy task. Milwaukee's record is now 3 games below the even mark at 19-22.

MIL: LHP Doug Davis

? 4-5, 5.01 ERA in 2005

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/images/gameday/mugshots/150277.jpg

@

MIN: RHP Brad Radke

? 4-3, 3.71 ERA in 2005

http://www.funfry.com/data//871/thumbs/2Funny-Ugly-Woman-Picture002-FunFry_com.jpg

The Brewers are 1-6 in their last seven games and 0-17 this season when they score three or fewer runs. ... The five hits allowed by Gary Glover and Jorge De La Rosa in the second inning Friday were the most allowed by the Brewers in any one inning this year. The Twins' 16 total hits was also a season high against Brewers hurlers

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate to say it but I think today goes down as another loss. Radke is kind of like silva doesnt walk anyone basically and wont give you and big chances. Keys to the game: make him pitch more then 3 pitches, he isnt a 3 pitch strikeout guy so take the 3rd pitch and watch it then 4th probally is down and 5th right down the middle. Also if brewers can make this guy throw strikes we will see alot of longballs, if we hit the ball today.

How about some optimism? The Brewers haven't done much to deserve it lately, but this is as good a time as any to turn it around a little bit. I am looking for the Caballo and Geoff to have good games today. Carlos is a lifetime .304 BA against Radke and Jenks is 5/14 lifetime. The interesting thing about Radke is that he seems to perform equally against righties and lefties this year. The BAA for righties is .268 and the BAA for lefties is .264. If the 3-4 hitters can put it together in the same inning a few times, the Brewers could be allright, just as long as DD keeps the ball in the park of course.

Since everyone likes to make predictions on this thread before the game, I thought I'd join in. Milwaukee 8, Minnesota 3. Davis goes into the seventh inning, giving up only one run and Lee and Jenks both hit homers.

After the game, perceptions of the squad will change and the bitter pessimism of the past week will be replaced by an unbridled optimism. The Jenkins bashers will become Jenkins lovers and the complaining majority will all have smiles on their faces. Butch's job will remain safe and Ned will win over our hearts with some brilliant in-game strategy. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif .

Chad Moeller will still suck.

After the game, perceptions of the squad will change and the bitter pessimism of the past week will be replaced by an unbridled optimism. The Jenkins bashers will become Jenkins lovers and the complaining majority will all have smiles on their faces. Butch's job will remain safe and Ned will win over our hearts with some brilliant in-game strategy.

While I agree there's a lot of flip flopping of feelings about the team on the board, I don't think one game will make this road trip feel much better. It would be like stepping in dog poo and then spraying your shoe with air freshener. Sure it doesn't smell as bad, but the poo is still there. Now, if they take the next two and take a couple from the Rockies, then they will wipe it off and people will be professing their love for the Crew.

For those of you who don't visit the minor league forum (shame on you!), the Brewers purchased the contract of the "Little Unit" Ryan Anderson from the Surprise Fightin' Falcons of the new Golden Baseball League, and assigned him to the Brevard County Manatees. Apparently, in his first exhibition game, his fastball was up around 93-94 mph with a "curveball that should be illegal".

MILWAUKEE AT MINNESOTA -- LINEUPS MILWAUKEE MINNESOTA AVG HR RBI AVG HR RBI Brady Clark CF .337 5 19 Shannon Stewart LF .288 4 18 Jeff Cirillo 3B .263 1 7 Nick Punto 2B .291 0 6 Geoff Jenkins DH .260 4 15 Lew Ford DH .254 2 19 Carlos Lee LF .248 8 33 Justin Morneau 1B .357 7 25 Lyle Overbay 1B .314 7 26 Torii Hunter CF .237 5 23 Bill Hall SS .282 2 9 Jacque Jones RF .300 5 16 Junior Spivey 2B .241 3 14 Michael Cuddyer 3B .281 2 13 Chris Magruder RF .258 1 5 Mike Redmond C .308 0 6 Chad Moeller C .119 1 3 Juan Castro SS .268 1 5 Doug Davis LHP (4-5, 5.01) Brad Radke RHP (4-3, 3.71) 

Unless Branyan and Miller are both injured/dead, I don't like that lineup.

I was talking to my mom today, and she said the Brewers haven't called her yet, but she has her catcher's gear ready. That broken leg she suffered a few months ago is healed and shouldn't be a hindrance now.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

OK, jsut moved to Green Bay and the wife is away for the weekend. Just grille up some nice burgers and all i have to do for the next three hours is to watch my Brewers. Lee starts off very nice http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Let's Go!

Don't know how long I can do this but:

Top of first: Radke

Clark= K

Cirillo= 9

JenKins= 1b-9

Lee= HR-7 he crushed that thing!- 2RBI

Overbay= K looking. Brewers 2- Minn coming up.

runs scored= Jenks(lee) Lee(hr)

Bottom first: Davis

Stewart= 1b-8

Punto= 6-3 double play

Ford= 2b-9

Morneau= 4-3 Milwaukee 2 Minnesota 0

Top 2nd

Hall= 5-3

Spivey= reached on E-5 (should have been a hit)

Macgruder= 1b-7 (spivey to 2nd)

Moeller= 5-3 FC (spivey to 3 Mac to 2nd)

Clark= 1b-7 2 RBI (spivey, macgruder)

Cirrillio= pop out 4

Runs- Spivey (clark) Macgruder (clark) Brewers 4 Twins 0

Bottom 2nd

Hunter= 8

Jones= K on an excuse me swing

Cuddyer= 6 great stab Brewers 4 Twins 0

Top 3

Jenkins= 3 unassisted G.O.

Lee=2b9 1,000th carreer hit

Overbay= 4-3 (lee to 3)

hall= 6-3

1 LOB Crew 4 Twins 0

Bottom 3rd

Redman= 3 unassisted G.O.

Castro= K

Stewart= 1b7

Punto= 5-3 FC

LOB 1 Crew 4 Twinks 0

Top 4

Spivey= 4-3

Macgruder= 1b8 STEALS 2ND (clark at bat)

Moeller= pop out 3

Clark= 3-1

LOB 1 Brew 4 Twinks 0

Bottom 4

Ford= K

Morneau= 1-3

Hunter= 1b6

Jones= 4-3 FC

LOB 1 Brew 4 T's 0

Top 5

We've got the fighters, we've the gamers, we've got the hard workers.- Nedly

Cirrillo= 8

Jenkins= 3-1

Horsey= K (looking)

LOB 0 EzCode Parsing Error: color=red]Good guy not so good guys 0

[/b]

[b]Bottom 5[/b]

Cuddyer= 1b7

Redmond= 4-6-3 "Twin Killing" lol

Castro= K

LOB 0 still 4- nil Brew ha ha's

Top 6

OOO= bb

Hall= 1b9 (O to 2nd)

Spivey= K

Macgruder= 1-3

Moeller= 8

LOB 2 4-0 Brew

Bottom 6

Stewart= 1-3

Punto= 4

Ford= 2b7

Monreau= 8

Top 7 New twins pitcher Crain

Clark= 1b9

Cirrillo= 1b7 (Clark to third)

Jenks bb (cirrillo to second)

Lee= 2b7 2 RBI (Clark, Cirrillo) Jenks to 3rd.

New pitcher Romero (L)

Overbay= grounder 1 unassisted

Hall= 5-3

Spivey= IBB

Macgruder= ground out 5 unassisted.

LOB 2 6-0 Brewers

Bottom 7th

Hunter=6-3

Jones= 7 Lee with a WEB GEM on the wall!

Cuddyer= 6-3

three up three down. Horsey is my hero. 6- donut in the dome.

Top 8th

Guerrier ® new pitcher

Bad Chad= 1-3 (what power)

Clark= 4-3

Cirrillo= 5-3

still 6-0 in the Humpty Dump

Bottom 8th 6 outs to go- Davis at 84 pitches

Redmond= 9

Rodriguez (new SS in tip of 8 first big league AB) 5-3 got totally robbed by Cirrillo on a great play.

Stewart= 6-3

Top 9th Terry Mulholland comes on to pitch

(PH for Jenks) Helms= 5-3

Lee- 9

Overbay- 5-3

No more damage done. Brewers 6 runs on 10 hits and 0 errors

Bottom of 9, Doug Davis back out 97 pitches right now.

Punto=1b8

Ford= 5-3 FC (Punto to 3rd)

Morneau= 8

Hunter= 3-1

LOB 1

Davis with a shutout, 2nd of his career, first of the season for Milwaukee

Carlos Lee is Player of the Game.

R-H-E

Milwaukee= 6-10-0

Minnesota= 0-7-1

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Archived