Brewer Fanatic

5/28/05 Astros (Rodriguez) vs Brewers (Sheets) 6:05pm CST

BuckyTuba
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wise must not have been good enough in Neds eyes once the game got close. Time to give up a couple more then Wise is good enough. Wise was up when the thought of a big inning was possible before buddy Chad put an end to that fun. Now back in the same old hole.

JDLR seems to be able to go one time through the order every couple of days. The one time through the order is because of his lack of a third pitch. The every couple of days, maybe that is because he doesn't get to do that very often. If only he had another option.

Sometimes, the fixation that selected people on this board have for JDLR puzzles me.

This is ridiculous. I'm sure Ben's thrilled to have come back to this crap. The offense leaves the approximate prairie dog population of South Dakota on the basepaths, runs themselves out of innings, and the defense sucks. To make matters worse, Ned Yost again puzzles with his bullpen rotation, or lack thereof. Someone should hide the hat he draws the pitching order out of every day.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

I am pretty interested how the players respond. They can hack away at anything and finish it early, or they really knuckle down and fight ever inch.

I would be happy if they just make the Astros worried enough to use up a couple of relievers. Even if we get a little closer, I will be happy.

Let us see how this mob responds to a spanking.

Quote:
Even I can't blame Yost for this one. Taking out Sheets was a good move, and Helms doubled and scored in his place. DLR had no excuse to be rusty and he was bad. Wise was bad. The atrocious Spivey-Moeller combination is really the only thing you can blame on Yost.

I'm sure Yost loves the potential of JDLR, but how about using pitchers who have actually produced in the clutch when you're trying to hold the other team down, instead of using a two-pitch pitcher that they saw yesterday. The Astros might be struggling, but they're not freaking stupid.

Wise should have started the inning. At least then I wouldn't have anything to complain about, except Wise having a bad night. As it is, Wise was put in a tough spot, and couldn't work his way out of it. Maybe it would have been different had he started the inning.

Hell, Julio Santana would have been a better option.

All that said, this never should have been a 4-3 game going into the sixth. The Brewers can't afford to continue to embarrass themselves offensively like they have today. Nobody's pitching is good enough to overcome what the offense has pulled tonight.

So, while I'm mad at Ned, the ultimate responsibility falls on the offense. And it's not just Junior and Moeller. They're just the easiest targets. Lee and Overbay haven't exactly dazzled today, either.

Doug Melvin continues to share some of the blame for the fact that Chad Moeller still has a locker at Miller Park and a seat on the team charter.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Archived