Brewer Fanatic

5/27/05 Houston (Oswalt) @ Brewers (Davis) 7:05 CST

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just got back from the game and turnbow hit 105 on the in house gun, I was wondering if anyone that watched the game knew what the speed of the pitch after their was a questionable ball called.

The highest he hit on the FSN gun was 100, which he did once. Everything else was 94-99.

~Bill

I think that the 100 was a "true" 100, meaning that the reading was not inflated, like the in-house gun is, and which inflates many readings throughout the majors, and has for many years.

A question for batman and others, is that in the last 25 years, how many pitchers have been able to hit that true 100 (in the majors).

My guess is under 20.

A question for batman and others, is that in the last 25 years, how many pitchers have been able to hit that true 100 (in the majors).

I don't think there's a definitive list, but here are a few good links:

The number of 100mph pitchers is very, very small.

EDIT: What was the name of that guy on the Orioles who came up around 98-99 who could throw 100? I totally forgot his name...

You're probably thinking of Jorge Julio.

~Bill

I was at the game tonight. My buddy and I met up with Laura and Tom and had a pretty nice talk. At one point, Laura asked if my friend was a BF.Net person to which my reply was "No. He's normal."

Anyhow, grrrreat game to be at! what made it better was getting a 300 level seat from a scalper for $5, and then being on the 100 level in Right Center where that 2 run fly ball was dropped. I was right there. Cool.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Quote:
Now that my sarcastic rant is over, let me say that I think STL comes back to the pack a bit rather soon. I still am not sold on a runaway season for STL. I just don't see it. Milwaukee clearly has superior pitching, while Stl clearly has superior offensive consistancy

STL blows us away with the little things. Moving runners over, situational hitting, Defense, hitting the cutoff man, good baserunning etc. Its all the little things that make them a true playoff team and the Brewers an outside shot at the wild card team. This team really needs to learn how to not make mistakes in order to take that next step. Of course Pujols and Rolen help too, I think our hitting matches theirs outside those 2.

Quote:
I will be attending my first game tonight. (would have been much earlier but college is too far away). If you see a bunch of crazy kids in the bleachers that will be us. We have a few things planned to get on tv. GO BREWERS!

Were you the guys in left field with 'Go Brewers' on one side and "OOOO" on the back? Also, a quick shout-out to the guy in the left field corner that repeatedly tried to start an "O-ver-rated" chant directed toward Berkman..when no one else is following your lead, I think you should get the message.

Quote:
Were you the guys in left field with 'Go Brewers' on one side and "OOOO" on the back? Also, a quick shout-out to the guy in the left field corner that repeatedly tried to start an "O-ver-rated" chant directed toward Berkman..when no one else is following your lead, I think you should get the message.

LOL, i was ushering in 236/235, so i know the exact guys you are talking about. Did you see the guy in the straw hat? Classic. There were a couple of cub fans in my section who cheered every time the brewers hit into a double play, and was then hit with a barrage of peanuts. I looked the other way on the peanuts.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

LOL, i was ushering in 236/235, so i know the exact guys you are talking about. Did you see the guy in the straw hat? Classic. There were a couple of cub fans in my section who cheered every time the brewers hit into a double play, and was then hit with a barrage of peanuts. I looked the other way on the peanuts

Berniebrewer- You are my hero.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Quote:
Not trying to pick a fight with you scoop but how is Jenkins going to pull outside pitches? I think he needs to go the other way with it until he starts having pitchers miss inside on him.

I am not trying to pick a fight with you either so read what I say before asking stupid questions.

I never said Jenkins should pull outside pitches. That would be stupid. I said he needs to start attempting to pull pitches middle-in. Big difference. He is taking perfectly pullable pitches, which he used to hit HARD to right and fighting them off, trying to the other way. Its getting hard for me to sit there and watch that. He is a pull hitter with great bat speed and Wyneger has his swing all inside out. He is swinging like a left handed Yount. It worked for Robin but Geoff is a pull hitter with an uppercut. Don't pull the outside stuff but turn the hips and yank the pitches middle in.

Like I said about JJ earlier, he needs to stop worrying about contact. Contact comes natural for him. Its time to start driving the ball hard. He made that adjustment soon after coincidentaly and now he is starting to contribute. Same for Jenks. When he starts pulling the ball hard, his numbers will baloon. For now, he sucks.

Quote:
He is a pull hitter with great bat speed and Wyneger has his swing all inside out.

Are you sure he's not hitting the other way because his bat speed - gasp - STINKS?

How do you know that Jenkins' hitting woes are because of Butch and not because of issues with Jenkins himself?

Scoop, you amaze me.

Quote:
Contact comes natural for him.

I thought strikeouts came naturally for Jenks. 152 last year. 120 the year before. Since 2000, he's played in over 100 games 4 times (2000 included). He's whiffed 100 times in - you guessed it 4 seasons.

I love you Scoop. You give me such entertainment!http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif

Quote:

Yes the long line of people with the "Go Brewers!" and the cat costume and constant yelling were my friends and I. My throat still hurts from yelling but my friend and I did get a lot of the stuff going in the stadium. I am not sure what you are talking about when you talk about Berkman though.

Wallus - The Berkman guy was in my section (233), not yours. Every time Berkman did something, he would stand up and try to start a chant. Nobody did anything, yet he kept trying..

Berniebrewer - I know that this isn't your area of responsibility, but the P.A. system in the left field bleachers was pretty much inaudible during the 7th inning stretch. I know that many people have complained about it..but I thought it was particularly bad last night.

And good to see that you allowed people to remind those Cubs fans which stadium they are in. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Oh ok, yeah now I know who you are talking about. When Berkman first got up to bat my friends and I started an overrated chant but then pretty much ended it after his 2nd at bat. That one guy was definately toasted off the sauce.

Archived