Brewer Fanatic

5/27/05 Houston (Oswalt) @ Brewers (Davis) 7:05 CST

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, this site is all about [Derrick Turnbow], REAL CLOSER. This site is awesome. My name is [bill] and I can't stop thinking about [Derrick Turnbow]. [He] is cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet.

Facts:

1. [Derrick Turnbow] is a mammal.

2. [Derrick Turnbow] [strikes people out] ALL the time.

3. The purpose of [Derrick Turnbow] is to flip out and [strikeout] people.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

~Bill

I refused to post before the end of the game. Didn't want to jinx us.

Great great game. Really didn't have a lot of confidence in us against Oswalt. Davis seemed to struggle quite a bit but didn't give up the big hit.

I'm designated driving to the game with a bachelor party tomorrow so I'll be able to cheer them on in person.

Good night all.

We are 4-0 on this homestand against teams that don't win on the road. I look at this as a positive. We may be taking a step up as an organization. In the past we would lose to these teams. I hope I haven't jinxed the rest of the weekend.

If we could find someone to hit consistantly in the six spot I think we will avoid last year's swoon. I like our pitching staff more than last year's.

why is everyone so excited? Everyone knows Milw is not a contender anyway. The season was decided last winter when rosters were set and the playing of the games is merely a formality. We have the useless retread Jeff Cirillo for cripe sakes!! He isn't a 5 tool superstar so obviously resorting to having washed up hacks like him on the roster proves we can't hang with those monster organizations like the Cubs, Houston and the mighty Reds. How are we supposed to compete for a wildcard birth with a rotation of Sheets, Davis, Capuano, Santos and Obermueller with teams like Arizona and Atlanta in the league! They are the REAL teams. I mean they are loaded with superstars like Councell, Cintron, Laroche and Mondesi. Every team has wicked talent at every position except Milwaukee. Sheesh. This will all come to a screeching halt soon. Smoke and mirrors people. The real Brewers will come out and play soon. This is too small of a sample to get a true indication of the major disparity of talent between teams like the Mets and the Brewers.

Now that my sarcastic rant is over, let me say that I think STL comes back to the pack a bit rather soon. I still am not sold on a runaway season for STL. I just don't see it. Milwaukee clearly has superior pitching, while Stl clearly has superior offensive consistancy. Milwaukee needs to keep beating up on the weak sisters and hope that Stl comes back to reality. I think the Cards are due for a bit of a slump.

By the way, where are the Cirillo bashers? I stuck with my guns when he was hitting .190. Where are you?

I will also stick by my argument that Jenkins isn't going to turn this around until he remembers that he is a pull hitter. Taking outside pitches the other way is wonderful but looking to slap fastballs down the pipe to left is not what Mil is paying him 7 mil for. Turn and yank Geoff.

Anyway....great game! Looking forward to Sheets manana.

Indeed. I agree with you that he doesn't look so hot in the dugout, either... he looks like he's on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

All managers get that same look when they know their team is the Titanic just waiting to finish sinking.It's really gotta suck managing a team that is just a lost cause and it's not even June.Even worse to be managing a team coming off the NLCS and now they sit at 16-32.

Garner can make one move after another,but nothing he does will help that feable offense and he has to know that.

Archived