Brewer Fanatic

5/27/05 Houston (Oswalt) @ Brewers (Davis) 7:05 CST

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

Gotta admit, Sharpie did well today. Think he turned the corner?

Turned the corner from what? You weren't happy with his complete game shutout in Minnesota? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Seriously, he's pitched real well for the last two games, but the walks are still a concern.

de la Rosa is going to be a phenom if he can pitch efficiently.

Anyone else think that Garner looks like he's in the midst of a heart-attack every time he's on camera?

Phelps hasn't pitched in a week and Santana was warming up tonight and has been used a lot, so I'm guessing Phelps is headed for Nashville. It's a shame, 'cause he's actually pitched very well, but he would be the reliever I'd opt to DFA/demote, too.

Jorge needs more high leverage innings... he's not going to get better sitting in the bullpen.

~Bill

There's that Garner logic we know and love.

Indeed. I agree with you that he doesn't look so hot in the dugout, either... he looks like he's on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

On an unrelated note, Cirillo is a great bunter, eh? Counsell was one of the best I've ever seen but Cirillo is darned good... he should bunt for a basehit more often.

~Bill

My favorite unintentional comedy moment of this night: Daron was discussing the Glover-Obermueller situation and who should start...he said "you know, Steve Yoing was Joe Montana's caddie for several years, and he's going to the hall of fame"

So apparently, Glover is Joe Montana and Wes is Steve Young. I'd say it's more like Gary is Randy Wright to Wes's Anthony Dilweg.

To me watching JDLR pitch is a little like watching a young Brett Favre play QB, you know something will happen and you know it has a chance to be really good. I hope he gets to pitch more frequently. I don't understand why he was used there. I thought I knew Ned's roles for the pen, I was wrong. The good thing is that everyone in our pen other than Phelps is preferable to Luis Vizcaino.

Does Ned feel that Magruder is a better OF than Jenkins?

I think that Mike Adams gets sent down. He needs the work. I see that people are saying that Phelps gets sent down. He has no options, he would have to be DFA'd or released.

2 quick things....great read by batman on the Phelps demotion, as the filthy 8th De La pitched was proof positive that he will be getting more high profile innings.

also, for those that missed it on the non-Brewer thread, batman reported that ESPN is indicating the report of a fractured pitching elbow for Prior, which woul, I assume, put him out for the year.....

atman reported that ESPN is indicating the report of a fractured pitching elbow for Prior, which woul, I assume, put him out for the year.....

Wow. Poor Cubbies. I mean, hahahahaha

I hate LOOGYs. Is there anything more boring than watching three pitchers face three hitters? Franco got Overbay, though, so Garner's decision is vindicated, even if he's just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Lyle's really struggling. Maybe he needs to slice open his face again to get things back on track...

~Bill

Archived