Brewer Fanatic

6/20/05 Cubs (Maddux) vs. Brewers (Ohka) 7:05pm

BuckyTuba

Believe it or not, Schroeder made a good point to end the game.

When did umpires start having chips on their shoulders?

I'm not one to complain about umpires, mostly because if the Brewers would have scored 12 runs they would have won tonight, but the second base umpire blew three calls tonight and the guy behind home plate really has no place to shout back at Cirillo like he did. There is such a thing as walking away, which is what umpires are taught to do.

Poor showing by the men in blue tonight. Low class.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing Cirillo melt down actually made the loss more tolerable. At least we know these guys give a crap and weren't about to sit back and let the umps screw them over without some sort of response. The umpiring was just plain horrible in this game.

I enjoyed the meltdown and look forward to winning 3 of 4 against these pr*cks.

After the Brewers lose the last thing I want to see is an interview with a player ON THE OPPOSING TEAM!!!

That said, while it bothers me to see so many Cubs fans at Miller Park, I take a little comfort in knowing that such is the case elsewhere. I have watched Cubs/Giants games at SBC in which half the crowd was wearing blue.

After the Brewers lose the last thing I want to see is an interview with a player ON THE OPPOSING TEAM!!!

thats why I posted above WHY talk to him? why talk to the other team,

If the brewers mean anything to you, you wouldnt want to talk to the scrubs much less anybody for a while after that game.

down one run with a power throwing RHP on the mound why not go for the power with Fielder??? What good is he doing on the bench right now racking up service time???? What a waste right now with him on the bench if he was pitch hitting it would not be so bad.(My Bad Ned missed that when i had to dish out ice cream for the Kids) But NO he sits on the bench so Chris can have a swing.... (Now i feel like a donkey) Poor coaching by Yost this game as I think he should of argued the calls at second on behalf of Brady and i think Yost should of Defended Cirillo and Donnelly at the end and let it loose on that below par Blue who had no strike zone at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im guessing a blind man with a seeing eye dog could of called a better strike zone then him, poor poor game by most the umps tonight.

I assure you I will be a "radio guy" for a while. I am sickened at the entire post-game effort by "OUR" network.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

down one run with a power throwing RHP on the mound why not go for the power with Fielder??? What good is he doing on the bench right now racking up service time???? What a waste right now with him on the bench if he was pitch hitting it would not be so bad. But NO he sits on the bench so Chris can have a swing....

Fielder already PH earlier in the game.

besides all the other idiotic displays of amateur TV mentioned already, how 'bout the 9th inning, game is tight, and Sutton is talking about how his daughter has a birthday near Christmas and people try to give her one present instead of two.... we've got AA announcers doing an MLB game

Given that Magruder has shown no ability to hit left handed, why do coaches continue to allow him to do so? Why do you have Magruder face a righty when with Helms you at least have a chance? Why can't Nedly figure out the DS? You don't have to have you're pitcher face an extra two batter, you can take him out! You don't have to have Santana throw 40 pitches!

yeah but Magruder had a couple of good games and solid pinch hits in April... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eek.gif

Yeah, it makes no sense to sit Helms in that situation. Alot of things Yost does makes no sense. At least he's sitting Hardy and batting Miller 8th, those are good adjustments...

Think we'll see Fielder start at 1st for one game this series to give Lyle a day off and show what he can do?

Quote:
Macgruder is Yost's NEW favorite player. Yost must have one lover, err I mean battler, that he goes to more often than his production warrants.

Only other real option was Helms. I think PH'ing Macgruder was a good call all things considered. We'll have more PH options when Branyan comes back.

I think the reason Magruder was used as the PH was because it was leading off the inning. They both have the same OBA versus righties, and Magruder gives the option of stealing a base. Helms has done some nice work lately, but its all been against lefties. I'm sure Yost had concerns with Helms long swing versus Dempsters heavy sinker.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Lots of ways to dissect this one boys but it came down to two blown calls on identical plays by the same umpire and an inexcusable error on Clark. Oh did I mention that Miller was 0-2 with RISP, lowering his anemic average in such situations to .143.

Unlike every single other pitcher the Brewers have?

The thing everyone is ignoring was when both Overbay and Lee struck out versus Remlinger. That was the best chance the Brewers had to score and the Brewers best two hitters whiffed.

It's got to be lack of fundamentals. Today's doofus was definitely Brady Clark. 2 outs on the basepaths and an error in the OF that cost us the game.

Nice going Brady, who taught you how to run bases, Alex Sanchez and Ronnie Belliard?

I agree endaround. This was just another case when we couldn't get the big 2 out hit we needed. I'm not going to complain about Ohka.

When you lose by one it's tough. You can go back and pick any situation to either find a run we should've had or a run we should've prevented.

I think the Overbay/Lee strikeouts were the biggest missed opportunities.

I can't complain about Clark's baserunning in this one, he was clearly safe both times. Bad calls by the ump....

Failing to get clutch hits with RISP and a costly error cost us this one

The optimist in me will point out that the Brewers are a team that doesn't give up: down 4-0 and they battled back to almost win it

Archived