Brewer Fanatic

6/21/05 Cubs (Williams) @ Brewers (Santos) 7:05 CST

Sometimes life just isn't fair, and if you're Victor Santos, that's the way this season must feel. Santos is 2-6 on the year, but in his last 10 starts, Santos has given up three runs or less. The problem is that in those starts, the right-hander did not get any support from his hitters. The Milwaukee offense is averaging just 2.8 runs per start for Santos.

Pitching matchup:

CHC: RHP Jerome Williams

? 0-2, 6.48 ERA in 2005

? 0-1, 10.80 ERA vs. MIL in 2005

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/images/gameday/mugshots/425532.jpg

@

MIL: RHP Victor Santos

? 2-6, 2.87 ERA in 2005

? 0-0, 2.31 vs. CHC in 2005

http://www.derok.net/derok/images/classics/chocula%20head.gif

Quote:
"Seems like every time we play it's a real exciting game, a real fun game to be at. There's a lot of action. Games are always real, real close. [The game] always hinges on one or two plays, makes it fun for everybody." -- manager Ned Yost, on facing the Cubs
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Ques Tec? I thought they scrapped that.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Please note that during spring training I was very much in support of keeping Victor in the rotation because I believed that he was a solid #4 starter for the brewers. This hot start that he is off to hasn't changed my opinion. Looking at his numbers he has struck out fewer batters than he did last year and his walk and home run totals remain almost completely unchanged. The only difference is now the league is hitting .226 instead of .278 against him. The improved brewer defense has helped but he is the poster child for a pitcher who is getting hit lucky this year. Certainly he doesn't deserve to be 2-6 but he also doesn't deserve his 2.87 ERA. If a good trade offer came along I would be more than happy to move him. Finding a replacement on our current roster would be hard but in the long run trading him now while his stock is high would be nice.

CHICAGO CUBS AT MILWAUKEE -- LINEUPS CHICAGO CUBS MILWAUKEE AVG HR RBI AVG HR RBI Jerry Hairston Jr CF .269 1 7 Brady Clark CF .331 7 26 Todd Hollandsworth LF .245 2 21 Rickie Weeks 2B .290 0 4 Derrek Lee 1B .392 19 58 Prince Fielder 1B .278 0 1 Jeromy Burnitz RF .293 12 42 Carlos Lee LF .277 17 60 Aramis Ramirez 3B .297 15 40 Bill Hall 3B .294 8 27 Todd Walker 2B .313 2 11 Geoff Jenkins RF .236 7 25 Michael Barrett C .287 8 33 Damian Miller C .269 2 13 Enrique Wilson SS .111 0 0 J.J. Hardy SS .183 1 12 Jerome Williams RHP .000 0 0 Victor Santos RHP .043 0 0 --0-2, 6.48-- --2-6, 2.87--

Edit: plain lineups replaced by pretty ones

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Did I miss something in this comment? What's wrong with that?

Because, unless the Crew is killing the Cubs or you're drunk off your ass, these games are no fun at all to be at.

Edit: And I didn't make that comment because I hate Yost, I actually don't. I just think that line was ridiculous because it sounded like he was trying to speak for everyone, including the fans.

Poor Lyle.

Yost had said they wanted to get Prince a start in this series. Maybe they decided that a RHP just up from AAA was the right matchup for Prince.

I'm excited that Weeks, Hardy and Fielder are all in the lineup. This is the kind of night we need to put a hurtin' on the Cubs so they know what they've got in store for them for the next (hopefully) decade.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Yost had said they wanted to get Prince a start in this series. Maybe they decided that a RHP just up from AAA was the right matchup for Prince.

->I know, I know. I'm just sad because Overbay is not a part of Brewers' Future. He will be traded soon.

Archived