Brewer Fanatic

6/23/05 Cubs (Rusch) @ Brewers (Sheets) 1:05 CST

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple quick thoughts:

Len Kasper has turned himself into a solid announcer. He's really improved since his fill-in days in Milwaukee back in the day. Brenly, on the other hand, is a bigger doofus than Schroeder by far. Kasper made a solid point about strikeouts don't really matter when you're hitting like Derrick Lee and walking your fair share, to which Brenly responded, "He's going to strikeout over 100 times, and if he turned four out of every ten of those into hits, he'd be batting even higher." Bah? Even John Madden thought that was a moronically obvious statement.

Anyone else getting concerned that we're seeing the Sheets closer to years 1-3 rather than the Sheets of 2004? Not striking many people out, giving up a ton of HR's, and not as sharp on his control. I'm a bit worried...

Dusty you idiot... why do you pitch to Moeller?

It just doesn't get old, does it? You're cracking me up.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

The ball must be carrying well. On both Brewer homeruns, announcers seemed surprised it went out.

With Carlos' the only question was if he got under it too much because he crushed it, but it went very high. As far as Moeller it was a slicing liner that barely got over the wall and, frankly, I'm surprised when Moeller hits one out.

Quote:
Aramis Ramirez is swinging the stick well this series. Nice. I like it.

Cub fan and Brewer fan? BOOO! On a vehimently Pro-Brewer board? Double BOOOOO! Someone liking Aramis Ramirez? Triple BOOOOOOOOO! Being from Minnesota, having "Brew" in your name, and cheering the Cubs? Quadruple B........well, you get the idea.

BOO cub fans that are also Brewer fans. I've expressed this before......that shouldn't be allowed.

Again, Ben gives it back. Ridiculous.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Anyone up in the bullpen? I don't have a TV

Wuertz is up for the Cubs, Bottalico for the Brewers.

Ben is a solid pitcher and it's true he's not getting much run support, BUT, he has been giving up some runs lately. He does not look like the dominating pitcher he has been in the past. Similarily, lately I have been more comfortable with Doug Davis out there (scratch his Blue Jays outing) because he always seems to keep the team in the game. Sheets is giving the lead back a lot this year to the opposition.

Archived