Brewer Fanatic

6/23/05 Cubs (Rusch) @ Brewers (Sheets) 1:05 CST

Walk D-Lee? I dunno, Ramierez is a threat to pop one as we have seen.

Walk C-Lee, no problem, Wes is looking at things down the middle.

Is it true Sheets is wearing long sleeves? Its hot like Satans undies outside.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter how good a guy is, you don't walk him intentionally with no one out and none on.

Isn't that what teams were doing to Bonds a few years back?

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Quote:
No matter how good a guy is, you don't walk him intentionally with no one out and none on.

Good point, but you can pitch around him to see if he'd swing at anything out of the zone. Perhaps if he got down in the count, you start to attack. I don't think it happens with Lee, but why not try? Better than two homeruns.

Quote:
Carlos Lee 2 ABs, 2 BBs

Derek Lee 2 ABs, 2 HRs

What the hell Ned...

Oh shut up already. You want Yost to tell a Cy Young type pitcher to walk Lee when he's leading off an inning. That ranks up there for ignorant comments on this board -- and there have been plenty.

He's Derek freaking Lee, not God.

Oh shut up already. You want Yost to tell a Cy Young type pitcher to walk Lee when he's leading off an inning. That ranks up there for ignorant comments on this board -- and there have been plenty.

I dunno, anybody argue in support of Kinney/Franklin ever? That may top it off.

Oh shut up already.

Looks like the heat is getting to some people. Take a pill, my man. It's called an opinion and everyone has one...

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Quote:
Looks like the heat is getting to some people. Take a pill, my man. It's called an opinion and everyone has one...

Yes, and if it were 50 degrees, someone here would blame Yost for that. You know... sometimes you just get tired of reading non-stop stupidity, so forgive me.

Quote:
How 'bout you just try to get him out. There is no reason to intentionally walk- or pitch around - a leadoff hitter, no matter who he is.

.463, 6, 18 with an OPS of 1.334 in 82 ab's for the month of june. Yes, you sure as hell better pitch around him. I don't care if his name is Lee or Bonds. The man is on fire, and he's already crushed us this entire series and is single handedly crushing us today. I thinking pitching to him is a bigger absurdity.

Quote:
463, 6, 18 with an OPS of 1.334 in 82 ab's for the month of june. Yes, you sure as hell better pitch around him. I don't care if his name is Lee or Bonds. The man is on fire, and he's already crushed us this entire series and is single handedly crushing us today. I thinking pitching to him is a bigger absurdity.

Last I checked a .463 OBP means he gets out more than half the time. With nobody on base, I'll take those odds. And also... last I checked Ben Sheets is a little bit better than your average Major League pitcher.

So please... enough of your Monday morning QBing.

Archived