Brewer Fanatic

6/23/05 Cubs (Rusch) @ Brewers (Sheets) 1:05 CST

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cubs vs Sox. Kind of a quandry to me.

While the Brewers are my favorite team and I always want them to finish ahead of the Cubs, the Twins GM is from my hometown and is a very good friend.

What do I do?

Quote:
I take 100 shots here for every "atta boy" so I am not going to apoligize for reminding you when I was right. Which I am most of the time, thank you very little.

I have no idea what this is referring to, but it sure as heck is egotistical.

GB Bill Hall!

Man I love that guy. That HR in the eight was definitely the season highlight to me so far. I was so excited I ran to the phone to call my girlfriend at work to tell her how good Bill Hall is becoming. And she hates baseball.

Man, Ralph you are all over me. I'm just playing with you guys. It is kind of fun to see people's reactions when you say something stupid. Good win today. Keep the momentum going. I would like the Brewers to score about 6 runs in the first tomorrow off Radke. The local media in Minnesota has been pretty down on his 1st innings lately. It would be fun to listen to next week. Get after Radke and Lohse and take your chances against Santana. I like the Crew's chances for 2 out of 3 against the Twins.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Quote:
ralph...get over it

Change 'Ralph' to 'Scoop' and you're on the right track.

OK, I'm done.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I've like Bill Hall for a while too, in fact, heading into last year he was my favorite Brewer..then I got reamed out by all of the on-base freaks here and after Billy cooled off last summer, simply mentioning that he might be better than Ginter was a sin.

Anyways, I'll admit that I never called him Soriano, like some posters here have.

Some people take posters way to seriously. I was joking around.

You should stick to less controversial topics than Cubs/Brewers...gay marriage, the war in Iraq, Social Security...in fact pretty much anything involving politics or religion would be less sensitive.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I took one poster's advice and went to the Cubs forum on MLB and was shocked. I thought some of you were all nuts and over reacting with psychological craziness at times. The last one I read said Butch W. is a better hitting coach than the Cubbies. That was just to name one. Simply amazing.

Which I am most of the time, thank you very little.

... and the winner of the Brwerfan.net most shamelessly self congratulatory post goes to..... Scoooooop!

Everytime you post some post patting your own back I think of the 500 posts I had to read where you explained just how GOOD Geoff Jenkins really is and how great it was that he was signed to a long term deal.

I guess that was your only mistake.

Luzinski

why dont you go find a misleading and out of context qoute to use as your tag line?

As far as Jenkins....yes I was thrilled when they signed him to his deal. Where else was Milwaukee going to come up with a guy with a n .850 career OPS for 7-8 mil per year? No where. Free agents dont sign with the Brewers. Jenks already had 2 of the top 9 OPS seasons in franchise history and was entering, what should have been his prime years. I was stoked as every Brewer fan should have been. He was on pace to be one of the top offensive players in Milwaukee history. Has he fallen flat on his face? Yep. Was there anything to indicate this type of monumental downfall? Not at that time there wasn't. Again, 2 of the top 9 OPS seasons EVER for Milwaukee and about to enter his prime? It was a good signing that went bad. I have no explanation as to why he sucks so bad right now. But where the hell was Milwaukee supposed to come up with a Free Agent to replace an .850 OPS guy for that kind of money? Answer me that.

Also......all I did is call out the Hall bashers. Where are they now? I said last year that Hall was a poor mans Soriano and got laughed off the website. Now Billy has a higher OPS than Soriano and the Hall bashers don't have much to say.

Archived