Brewer Fanatic

6/23/05 Cubs (Rusch) @ Brewers (Sheets) 1:05 CST

I'm not sure about today, but he hasn't consistently been hurling the 95, 96, 97 fastballs that we saw a lot of last year. I gotta believe he's not completely back from his ear problem... He might not be dizzy all the time anymore, but he might have lost strength due to inactivity during his stay on the DL.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's where the Brewers reach deep down into the bag and pull out some battlers and fighters.

They've been scrappy offensively all day. Here's hoping they keep battling and fighting. They've got the battlers and fighters, it's now time to see them battle and fight their way past Chicago and earn a split.

Let's do it, boys. The time is now. Ned promised the fans.

He has 58 K's in 66 IP, thats a good K rate.

He had 264 in 237IP last year for 10.03 K/9IP. This year, 7.83, which is much closer to the numbers from before last season.

He has 16 BB's in 66 IP, thats not bad at all either.

He walked 32 in all of last season. He's projected to surpass that number already this year. Plus he's getting behind a bunch of hitters and throwing lots of 2 and 3 ball counts, which add to his pitch total. Not a good trend.

He's currently allowing a .747 OPS, up from .636 last year.

I agree that there's plenty of time for him to rebound, but the trends are disturbing.

For all of those people who don't think there could be people that are fans of the Brewers and the Cubs:

First of all, I'm a Brewers fan, and I absolutely hate the Scrubs. Let's establish that. However, I went to Marquette and I have a ton of friends who are from Chicago, many of which are Scrub fans. Alot of them have decided to stay in Milwaukee. Since they are huge baseball fans, and the Brewers are now their local team, the Crew has become their second favorite team.

In my opinion, that is OK with me. When the Scrubs and the Crew play each other, we talk alot of smack. But, when we are playing other teams, they cheer along with me. It is the same with a friend who is a Reds fan.

PH for Magruder here with a lefty coming in?

Edit-That doesn't look right. I meant to ask who will PH for Magruder.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I dunno about O. Isn't he hitting like .200 against lefties this year? Not sure what Magruder is hitting against lefties, though.

EDIT: well Magruder is hitting .211 so pick your poison I guess.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Magruder gets to bat.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

YES!!

Archived