Brewer Fanatic

6/23/05 Cubs (Rusch) @ Brewers (Sheets) 1:05 CST

Quote:

Not sure if you are watching on TV, but Moeller really had no chance to catch the ball, IMO

No he did not. Lee did not rush the throw in and the relay hit the runner before it got to Moeller.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Patterson should change the spelling of his name to K-orey.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Quote:
It is rather annoying to continuously - post after post, day after day - read comments made in hindsight to criticize a manager's strategerie, isn't it?

That's quite the blanket statement. You assume because I said they should pitch around Lee that all the fault lands on Yost? How does that logic work? I think Sheets is competent enough to know how to pitch to a batter. And for the record, I don't have a problem with Yost. I think he's neither great nor terrible. You just assumed that I disliked him and made "post after post" of criticism towards him.

Anyone else getting concerned that we're seeing the Sheets closer to years 1-3 rather than the Sheets of 2004? Not striking many people out, giving up a ton of HR's, and not as sharp on his control. I'm a bit worried...

Not really: the Ben sheets of 2001-2003 used to beat the Cubs.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

While this has been an entertaining game for the average spectator, for a Brewers fan like me it has been frustrating. As soon as we tie the game the Cubs take the lead right back. On top of that we finally get Sheets some run support and he gives up 6 runs. Yuck.

Quote:
That's quite the blanket statement. You assume because I said they should pitch around Lee that all the fault lands on Yost? How does that logic work? I think Sheets is competent enough to know how to pitch to a batter. And for the record, I don't have a problem with Yost. I think he's neither great nor terrible. You just assumed that I disliked him and made "post after post" of criticism towards him

My orginal comments were directed at someone who blamed Yost -- and I quoted his comments. Go back and look it up. You joined in after that.

In other words, my posts have not been directed at you personally. But, plenty of people here seem to live in the minutia to find anything whatsoever to blame on Yost. You jumped in the foray, sometime after I had criticized a different poster for doing just that.

Quote:
Anyone else getting concerned that we're seeing the Sheets closer to years 1-3 rather than the Sheets of 2004? Not striking many people out, giving up a ton of HR's, and not as sharp on his control. I'm a bit worried

He has 58 K's in 66 IP, thats a good K rate. He has 16 BB's in 66 IP, thats not bad at all either. The HR's are the only really big concern to me. I wasn't expecting a rerun of last year, I was expecting a 3ish era, WHIP somewhere around 1.05. There is still plenty of time for him to reach those numbers.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Hey fellas, just joining the fun. Anyone call for Ben Sheets to be DFA'd yet?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived