Brewer Fanatic

6/25/05 Twins (Santana) vs. Brewers (Ohka) 6:05pm (FANFEST!)

BuckyTuba
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
I am sure someone has already brought this up, but I loved to hear about how Prince talked about Lee helping him out before the game. We gotta get him signed long term.

No doubt the Brewers need to find a way to keep Lee around. Besides the stick, it sounds like he carries a big clubhouse presence.

Quote:
How about the guy who caught the Fielder HR. Trading that ball so Fielder could have it, class act.

Ditto for the guy who caught Weeks' first dinger. He got a signed ball & bat. Very classy.

Just made it back home to the Madison area from the game. Wow, was that fun! I can only get down to 2-3 games a year, my wife bought these tickest the day they went on sale, she didn't tell me about it until yesterday.

What a blast, to follow Rickie and Prince from the time they were drafted, and have 'em both go deep on the same night.....my wife couldn't have picked a better one!

Lots of noisy, but good natured Twins fans around me tonight, they sure were in our faces early.........seemed kind of in a rush to leave at the end!

Quote:
Apparently you weren't around in '82.

Oh, I was (I'm 39 years old)... thats why I said that tonight was ONE OF my favorite games of all-time...

CONSIDERING the last 12 seasons, and which players had their first career HR's tonight, and the fact that the Twinkies were up early with a fomer Cy Young winner on the mound, that was one helluva game!

I tried to convey the importance of Weeks' and Fielder's first of many (400-500+?) HR's to a Twins fan while watching tonight's game and he mearly grunted. Oh well. It was a great, suprising game, and neat to see Johan lose his first road game in his last 17 road starts. We, the Brewers, made him 15-1. Heck ya.

Two things to wonder about the Brewers as I get back from the game--- Why is it, it seems the better the opposing pitcher the better the Brewers play? We all feared Holladay of Toronto, Zambo and Rusch for the Cubs. Yet if a guy is a noname or has a 9.02 ERA the Brewers make those guys look like Cy Young. As an opposing team I would call up 3 AA guys and start them against the Brewers.

Why do fans come to the game and not get to games on time? As I sat in my seat at the start of the game I could see thousands of fans still stuck on the highway looking for a place to park. By the time some fans got to the game it must have been the 5th inning as I noticed 100's still making their way to the park after 7pm. Come early and enjoy the day. Just because the game starts at 6pm doesn't mean you can just pull right in at 5:59 and get to your seat at 6:02.

What a great game to attend tonight. Always like to attend the games vs. the Twins and their fans, as opposed the games with the Cubs and their fans.

It looked like Miller Park had an electric environment.

Well, it *was* Fanfest.

And these energetic guys sitting in front of us with the Jenkins Jungle accessories added more than their share of electricity. (Imagine their dismay when they saw Magruder in RF.) I'd forgotten what a far cry the bleachers can be from little old TB 417.

Awesome game. The Brewers beat the big-crowd jinx and Rickie and Prince made around 30,000 fans right on the spot. AND the Maniac was sitting next to the fanfest group. We've seen the Maniac from afar for years but never sat so close. He kept saying something to Ohka in Japanese. How's that for devotion?

Finally, of course, it was very good company. Nice to meet/see again those of you in attendance; sorry we didn't get to see everyone. I'm ready for the next one!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote:
We have also beat quite badly.......Pedro,

As much as I wish this was true we actually didnt beat Pedro this year. If I'm not mistaken Pedro got a no decision. I remember this because I was at every game of the Mets series, and the only game we won was the Sunday game when JJ hit that game winning single in the bottom of the 9th.

how's this for a murderer's row:

clark

weeks

hall

lee

fielder

edit: also, that game was probably one of the best i've ever been to. between the dingers by the kids and the "battling", i couldn't have asked for anything else.

Great game, unfortunately I had to work in Madison @ 11:00, and had to leave early. Sadly I missed Fielder's first home run. It's almost enough to make me want to quit my job. It was nice to meet those that I talked to, wish I wasn't so wiped out (3rd shift is killing me) so I could have met the rest that was there. Thanks Brian et al for putting FanFest on. I should be on a for real people schedule by the time the next one comes around, so hopefully I won't miss Nelson Cruz's first career home run that will surely happen at that game. Once again, thanks to those who put on the fanfest, and it was nice to meet some of the posters there.

See, I knew eventually Bobby would grow on people. He's a Wisconsin guy (with a thick accent) and you know he's a Brewers fan deep down. Sure, the guy does not have a Sportscenter-like delivery and he never will, but we should cut the man some slack.....He DID win the sausage race (he deserves some love for that).

Some night to be stuck at work. When my friend called and told me Prince hit a 3-run HR to put the Crew ahead, I literally got goose bumps standing there listening on the phone.

I'm still excited hours later. Congrats to Rickie and Prince - and I'm jealous of everyone that was there. Sounded like a great atmosphere at MP tonight.

When were you on t.v.?

Had standing room seats in CF..in the 2nd inning or so, the cameraman turned around and told a group of us that we were on in 3..2..1. We were standing right where Fielder's HR landed.

Too bad I didn't record the game..I'm considering purchasing/downloading the game on mlb.com for that, and obviously to watch the two HRs over and over..and over again.

I do have to admit that some of the Twins fans were just as obnoxious as the Cubs fans. Nothing intelligent, just a lot of "(insert name or object here) Suck (Insert grade school name for a part of the human anatomyhere)," and some references to the scoreboard. When Carlos Lee hit his 2 run double, the crowd erupted, and for the first time in the game you could tell that there were more Brewer fans there than Twins fans. After hearing numerous personal jabs at specific fans, especially the group with the "Jenkins Jungle" garb, it was nice to win. A sweep would be very nice. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for people going to a game and cheering on their teams, I just think that it s wrong for some of these fans to make personal stabs at people for doing the same for their teams. I understand the Twins fans coming to Miller park to see their team play, I would too if my team played at their stadium. Most were good fans looking to see a good game. As for the rest, I hope they spend a lot of money in Milwaukee, and then go home with 3 losses, and their tails tucked between their legs.

I am in tears.

I really really wish I could have been there tonight. I can honestly say that I am devastated that I was not able to be at Miller Park.

Fielder and Weeks both going deep for the first time in front of 44,000 plus. And how often do you see pinch hit three-run homeruns late in the game to give you the lead?

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Why do fans come to the game and not get to games on time?

I imagine there are some people that have to work Saturdays, or have other obligations (family, etc). Or if you're like part of my group, you tailgaited way too long and missed the first few innings. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif I was in the Park around 5:30ish to get the barrel man hat, despite a really late start from Madison, AND having a few beers with friends before heading in. I'm with you though; it's better to get there early and enjoy the day. For a 6:05 game, ideally I'd leave Madison no later than 1:00 to avoid as much traffic as possible and have time to grill and have a few beers (and still get in early if there's a promotion http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif ).

Archived