Brewer Fanatic

6/26/05 Twins (Lohse) @ Brewers (Santos) 1:05 CST

It's 12:25 p.m. and nobody started a game thread yet? Man! if I don't watch you guys all the time......

MIN: RHP Kyle Lohse

? 5-6, 4.95 ERA in 2005

@

MIL: RHP Victor Santos

? 2-7, 2.94 ERA in 2005

How crazy is Santos' season shaping up? The seven pitchers ahead of him are a combined 54-25, and all of them have winning records. The Brewers have averaged 3.35 runs in Santos' 15 starts, seventh-poorest in the league (Chris Capuano gets the fifth-worst run support, but somehow he's 7-6). The defense has failed him, too; Santos' seven unearned runs are 10th-highest in the league and account for 19.4 percent of the runs against him this season.The Brewers have scored 27 runs during their four-game winning streak, matching their run from May 23-27 against the Rockies and Astros. They have not won five straight since a run of seven wins from April 28-May 5.

Quote:"We don't want him up here sitting on the bench, getting four at-bats a week. We want him getting four at-bats a night. So when the time is right, we'll decide to make a move." -- Yost, on Prince Fielder's future
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
 Jun 26, 2005 MINNESOTA AT MILWAUKEE -- LINEUPS MINNESOTA MILWAUKEE AVG HR RBI AVG HR RBI Shannon Stewart LF .287 10 32 Brady Clark CF .321 7 28 Luis Rodriguez 2B .294 0 1 Rickie Weeks 2B .298 1 6 Justin Morneau 1B .273 9 38 Bill Hall SS .300 11 32 Torii Hunter CF .272 14 46 Carlos Lee LF .278 20 69 Jacque Jones RF .267 9 35 Lyle Overbay 1B .276 9 37 Glenn Williams 3B .400 0 1 Wes Helms 3B .306 2 11 Mike Redmond C .197 0 8 Geoff Jenkins RF .238 7 25 Juan Castro SS .236 3 14 Chad Moeller C .182 3 8 Kyle Lohse RHP .000 0 0 Victor Santos RHP .040 0 0 (5-6, 4.95) (2-7, 2.94)

Perhaps this cloud cover and maybe a pair of sunglasses will convince Victor it's night time??

http://raffaello-network.com/item_images/es0014-mettalic-eather-001t.jpg

He can borrow these if needed. I just hope we can get him some runs today. A s---- of the Twinkies would be quite nice.

That ball kind of got out in a hurry, but I thought that Jenkins should have gotten a better jump on that ball and maybe could have gotten a glove on it. The ball just cleared the wall, and I think it could have been caught. I think that Jones would have gotten to that ball....

Nice play by Wes Helms on a little nibber that was bare handed and just beat out the speedy Hunter.

Archived