Brewer Fanatic

6/28/05 Brewers (Davis) @ Cubs (Zambrano) 7:05 CST

JoeH33
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm suprised Yost didn't have Lee bunt there in the bottom of the ninth with noone on. I know alot of you guys like Yost but I can't stand his in game moves. DON'T tell me hindsite crap, we all moaned BEFORE Trent even took his first bunt attempt.

Yipee, I get to see a Derrick lee interview after the game. It's FUN to hear him talk about beating the Brewers. Great job TV crew! Atleast he said "battle".

Congrates Ned, you managed to piss away another game. I try really hard not to hate on Yost, but that was pathetic. And while I'm hot, Rickie, lay off fricken ball 4 in the 9th. Not sure if you know this or not, but we need the baserunner.

Doug pitches extremely well and gets saddled with the L. Such represents the facts of life for a Brewers pitcher. What a joke of a game. I hope Doug gets onto the All Star team, though. He does deserve it.

Doug Davis pitched well enough to win with 9 K's and only giving up 2 runs...

I have to really question pinch hitting Trent Durrington instead of Prince Fielder with nobody out and men on 1st and 2nd... going small ball there instead of letting Prince mash

Starting Helms at 3rd is what I would have done too, but the fact remains that Wes hits much better against lefties than righties

Mainly, Carlos Zambrano was on top of his game, and when you combine an error or two with some poor baserunning and a questionable coaching move, you are going to chalk up an L

Average Runs Scored, 1999-2002

1st & 2nd, 0 out: 1.573

2nd & 3rd, 1 out: 1.467

1st & 2nd, 1 out: 0.971

Even if Yost assumed a 100% success success rate for Trent's sacrifice attempt, it would STILL be the wrong move. Assuming something like an 75% success rate, it becomes down right STUPID.

If some baseball nerd like me can pull this information off the friggin internet, you would think a manager of a friggin professional baseball team would be privy to it.

Let me start out by saying that I'm not a fan of Yost...however, how can you guys blame this game on Ned. Was it his fault that we could only manage 2 hits during the first 7 innings? Was it his fault that friggin' Durington can't get down a bunt?

We were getting absolutely manhandled by Zambrano and then we get two on, no one out, and suddenly it's a bad move to try and get runners to second and third??? Forget the fact that Durrington blows and didn't do his job. If he does, we have second and third for a guy who is in the top 5 in the NL in singles. I could be wrong but I thought a single in that situation scores two...and if it weren't for a sensational catch by the second coming of Jose Hernandez it would have worked out perfectly.

9 times out of 10 I'll come on this board looking for Yost's head on a platter, but when you're blaming the game on Ned when we had 3 or 4 hits (I forget) the entire game and he plays for the tie in the 8th, then you're definitely reaching for something that isn't there.

I am tired of watching guys like Helms, Magruder, and Durringon play while Hardy and Fielder sit. I remember when we had a plan to build our team and develop into a contender. We are playing for 82 wins this year, I hope that we aren't hurting ourselves down the road. Helms won't be with the team next year. I highly doubt that Magruder will be with the team next year. Durrington has a chance depending on what happens with Cirillo. We are still playing our "rent-a-team" while our future team wastes away. I know that we will have some prospects fail. I would hate to have our organization be the reason for it. I am sick of "rent-a-teams". I am sick of watching not-real-talented players playing while talented ones sit. 82 wins isn't going to feel that great if we get there unless we are battling for the wildcard. Helms isn't going to lead us to the wildcard. I wonder if Melvin is OK with the current path, or is Ned alienating the front office.

Quote:
Yost has to be the worst tacktination in the game of Baseball.

He wasn't the best tacktination in the game of baseball when we won 4 games in a row and he managed the bullpen brilliantly....pushed all the right buttons with pinch hit moves....let Magruder hit against the Cubs for a 2-run game tying single when everyone else wanted Overbay or Jenkins or Fielder....Hit Fielder with 2 on the other night.....I could go on and on.....

Bottom line is when the team loses it's somehow Ned's fault (either the lineup, the pinch hitters, the management of the staff, the hit and run in the 3rd inning that "cost the team the game", blah blah blah....when the team wins it's always the players winning "in spite of Ned".

Bottom line---this is a .500 team...they are going to win some games and lose some games. Don't live and die with every game and every decision. I would take my chances with runners on 2nd and 3rd with Clark and Weeks needing a single to tie the game 100 times out of 100. I dont' care what that little state that you found on the internet says. That doesn't say what the "number of runs scored with runners on 2nd and 3rd with your 2 best hitters coming up" as the Brewers would have had if Durrington gets the bunt down.

I enjoyed the game last night and look forward to Sheets and Cappy today and tommorrow.

If he had a lower ERA, it was would be a definite.

If you say so. Regardless, a 4.4 (or whatever it is now) ain't going to get you to the All-Star game *ever*. Saying "if he had a lower ERA" is roughly akin to saying "if he were an All-Star, he'd be an All-Star."

Archived