Brewer Fanatic

6/28/05 Brewers (Davis) @ Cubs (Zambrano) 7:05 CST

JoeH33
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look, down by 2 runs in the 8th, all you are playing for is the LOSE if you try to bunt runners over. There is NO way that that can be construed as a good move. It is a HORRIBLE move. It is a stupid move. It makes NO sense at all. You maximize runs by NOT giving 1 of 3 lousy outs that you are given an inning.

Isn't this why Prince is still here?

No crap. 2 on, nobody out. Huge power hitter on the bench. Lets pinch hit someone who has no chance of driving in a run. And have the guy try to bunt. What the hell are they thinking.

Everyone knew it would be a bunt when Prince was not sent up. Talk about giving it away! Probably will not get the chance to use him now. Maybe he'll pinch hit for Hardy? No, there are no infielders left!

The problem I have with Ned in that situation, is that that is the VERY reason Prince is on the bench. Need an XBH to tie the game? Bring in Durrington.

Stupidity is contagious. Get Ned away from the young players.

Frustrating game so far.

At least Botallico got through the inning with no worries. Maybe scouts will be looking at him closer.

I'm giving this one to Yost. I hate seeing him not sticking up for Hall, and now the Prince thing.

Archived