Brewer Fanatic

6/28/05 Brewers (Davis) @ Cubs (Zambrano) 7:05 CST

JoeH33
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That ump sure like the outside pitch today. Some of those look WAY off the plate. Brewers have NO chance if they have to go fishing.

EDIT: O look, Hall then gets ejected after ANOTHER pitch off the plate rings him up.

"That's a tough pitch to take with 2 strikes."

WOW, thanks Bill for that kernal of knowledge. I've NEVER heard you say THAT!

Take a drink, everyone!

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Helms apparently got the start based on a sample size of 7 AB. He's 0-2 today, but Sutton says the 4-9 shows that he "handles" Zambrano.

EDIT: Helms K's on a ball WAYYY outside. He's 4-10 now. I guess, since he's batting .400 against Zam he's still "handling" him.

The TV guys made a good point (crazy, I know). The Ump was very professional about the Hall boot. He kicked him out right away, let him yell a bit and just stood there. Classy. Not like SOME umps that cause confrontations.

What else could Wes Helms have done? The ump woulda called it a strike anyways.

Is anyone else a little tired of calm Ned? He never seems to back up his players.

Is Fielder still up here? I haven't heard if he's been sent down yet. If he's still here, it would have been nice to see him pinch hit instead of Durrington..

Archived