Brewer Fanatic

6/28/05 Brewers (Davis) @ Cubs (Zambrano) 7:05 CST

JoeH33
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should be throwing pitches to Lee that are nothing but low and away. If he swings fine, if not let him walk. Lee is as hot right now as Barry Bonds ever was and we wouldn't give Barry these same pitches to hit.

Davis struck out Lee in the first and thought he could do it again the next time up. If you're gonna throw inside to Lee you better hit him cause otherwise it's gonna end up in the seats.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

We should be throwing pitches to Lee that are nothing but low and away. If he swings fine, if not let him walk

I think the previous inning showed that walking guys aren't exactly the thing Davis wants to be doing. Granted, you don't like giving up HR's, but Lee's going to homer less often than a walk comes around to score.

I'm fairly certain that was a mistake pitch.
Wouldn't it be nice if we could trust our color commentator to fill us in on stuff like that?

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Wouldn't it be nice if we could trust our color commentator to fill us in on stuff like that?

Yeah, unfortunately, the subtleties seem lost on this person.

Sutton did say he thought it was a cutter that didn't break as far as it was supposed to, but that's not exactly HIS job to point that out.

Bill's claiming he gave Rickie Weeks advice?? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eek.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

ja002h - I disagree. The White Sox know how to play the game. They have a great bullpen, a great ace in Mark Buehrle and Jon Garland has been doing well for them. I believe Garland and Lee will both fall off as the season progresses. I firmly believe in reversion to the mean and if there was ever a case where it was necessary to talk about with, it's in those two players' cases.

I firmly believe in reversion to the mean and if there was ever a case where it was necessary to talk about with, it's in those two players' cases.

That's fine, but I'm just saying that everybody (including me) has been predicting that the Sox are going to fall back to earth, and it keeps not happening. Career years happen once a career, after all.

Archived