Brewer Fanatic

6/29/05 - Brewers (Sheets) @ Cubs (Wood) 1:20 CST

RyDogg66
  • Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After we traded him I never thought I'd prefer Burnitz in RF to who we have there now. Just another case of a guy excelling after leaving Milwaukee...Rusch, Grissom, Burnie, Belliard, Loretta, Valentin...what gives? Is Milwaukee really that bad?

Uhh... 67 pitches through 4 innings, 44 for strikes.

Two runs allowed. Ben's still trying to tune up after a DL stint. He'll be fine. After all, Curt Schilling gave up 37 when the D-Backs won the World Series in 2001. Hideo Nomo, in two good years with the Dodgers gave up 26 and 24 homers in 2002 and 2003, respectively.

Quote:
Is it just me or has Sheets not been able to finish guys off lately? A lot of 8-9-10 pitch ABs where the hitter fouls off a bunch and then gets an xtra base hit or walk.

I'd say thats because for whatever reason he's not throwing many curves. Maybe they make him dizzy still or something. But when a player can sit on a fastball you are going to have problems finishing them.

Archived