Brewer Fanatic

6/29/05 - Brewers (Sheets) @ Cubs (Wood) 1:20 CST

RyDogg66

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/images/players/action/ph_407849.jpg

Attention BF.Net!: This man needs a nickname, and he needs one NOW!

Brian's was good with Bill Hall 2.0, but we need something more catchy.

By the way, Jenkins just K'd again. He totally sucks.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Does anyone else feel like Overbay is getting more and more expendable?

It has indeed been a very long time since Overbay had a big game at the plate. He doesn't exactly strike fear into the opponent the way Prince does.

why doesn't gameday show pitch speed? i'm assuming someone has to manually input the pitch location and whether it was a ball or a strike, pitch speed seems like something that could be added automatically.

Hey that reminds me of the old saying that goes back to '89:

After further review... Bears still svck!

No big suprise on Jenks.

I was at the game yesterday and after it was over and I was walking out, a cub fan came up to me and gave me a high five and said "nice game, eh?" I said "yeah, they made some good plays and held on to win, but we'll be back" as to which point he looked at my cap and saw Brewers on it and took it all back. I just looked at him and said "I thought you were being a good sport" What a loser. I will say that I have a lot of friends who are cubs fans and aren't like this dude, but you do see it alot around wrigleyville.

Well, this game is looking similar to last week's game with Sheets on the mound. We come back to tie the game, and Sheets goes out and gives back the lead the very next half inning. Does anyone think that he might be better off slowing himself down. It's starting to bother me that he basically gets the ball back from the catcher and throws it without much thought.

Hi, my name is Ben Sheets. I used to be a very formidable pitcher until I got real dizzy. Now, I'm pretty good, but consistently I'm just not good enough. If we score 1, I'll give up 2; if we score 5, I'll give up 6. Over the last 2 games I've become particularly proficient at giving up runs in the inning immediately after we tie/take the lead. But I'm rich!!

Let me stat that I have felt this way for a long time, not just since Lyle's recent struggles. Lyle Overbay is a decent MLB player, no better no worse. He is absolutely horrible with the glove and his lack of power does not make up for the amount he strikes out. He would make a real good complementary player on a team with a solid lineup around him (Boston, Anaheim, etc) but he is not going to be that much of a difference maker in any other type of lineup.

Archived