Brewer Fanatic

6/29/05 - Brewers (Sheets) @ Cubs (Wood) 1:20 CST

RyDogg66
  • Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would imagine that Rickie is going to start seeing a whole lot of breaking pitches and he'll have to make the adjustments necessary to deal with them. Remember how the Cardinals made Carlos Lee look foolish at the beginning of the season by feeding him a steady diet of sliders/curves on the outside edge? Carlos eventually stopped swinging at those and he's had a whole bunch of success... Rickie's gonna have to do the same thing.

If he lays off the junk, pitchers are gonna have to give him fastballs... and Rickie annihilates fastballs.

~Bill

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think Weeks' checked his swing on two of the strikes......in case anyone cares.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Is there anything more annoying than watching a game and seeing a whole bunch of idiots sitting behind home plate talking on their cell phones. "Daghhh look at me honey I'm on TV!!" Man I hate the Cubs, Cub fans, and just about everything about the entire organization.

Does anyone else feel like Overbay is getting more and more expendable? I'm hoping he can get real hot before the season is over making him look great for trade bait in the offseason. If we deal Ohka, we could probably get a pretty decent pitcher for him. Hell, we got Ohka for Spivey.

Archived