Brewer Fanatic

6/30/05 1:20 CST Capuano (7-6, 3.22) vs. Maddux (7-4, 4.56)

Cyanogen5
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was at the game today and it was great (so were the free tix that my wife got from work - 13th row behind home plate).

i have to say that with the exception of the ABs by Clark (who looked completely lost at the plate today) and Overbay (who was willing to swing at junk pitches), the team did a decent job of trying to work the count and generally have solid ABs. they definately put some good swings on the ball (Weeks especially here, geez that fella swings a quick bat).

i was very impressed with Miller's approach at the plate today and floored with Jenkins performance - he didn't even seem tempted to go after the inside-junk pitches that Maddux was throwing him early in the game. i sure hope that continues. Hardy just about killed Maddux with his rbi single - that one flew so close to his (Maddux's) right ear that i'm sure he's going to hear that ball whizzing by for a couple weeks.

also, Lee's second home run was enormous, absolutely one of the biggest blasts i've ever seen at Wrigley. just after he hit it you knew it was out of the park as all of the folks in the left-center field bleachers all turned their back on the playing field to watch it go out.

oh yeh, watching Corey Patterson have no idea what he's doing in the batter's box and get booed by the Cub fans is priceless.

He IS IS IS an .850 to .950 OPS hitter

Is that sarcasm?

I do believe in fairies, I do believe in fairies.

Actually, I steadfastly refuse to believe that Jenks is NOT a .850 plus hitter. The couple of .900ish years he had when like 24/25 do NOT NOT NOT reek of fluke. If he was not zonked up on steriods then, he can return to that level. He must. We need him.

(did you see my early prediction... and I dont make many... Jenks to return to form from TODAY)

I think the problem with the Cubs was they actually threw Jenks around the plate. Jenks can be good if he can actually see and not swing at the ankle or chin ball.

I think its because everyone on the team had multiple hits and the wind was blowing out~.

However I think Jenkins will post an 830+ OPS after the all star break. He did last year, he's showing more patience at the plate, all he needs to do is start driving the ball more. Sitting vs lefties doesn't hurt either.

you wouldnt be talking about sweeping the Cubs in 2001 at the end of June and then heading to Pittsburgh with the sweep suits would you??

Or maybe you were referring to last year when we were 41-34 and won something like 5 in a row on the road (I think we beat the Cubs again) and then went to Pittsburgh and got swept??

Yuh-huh. It's a reflex.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Hey guys, just got back from the game, love every freakin minute of it. Had wonderful seats (bullpen seats, 1st row, perfect view of 1st base) and my girl even got Nelson to throw her a ball. Apparently i need to get a hold of a copy of the game, cuz ppl kept calling me and telling me they could see my yellow "O" sign, so i wanna check that out. There were more brewer fans there than i thought, probably a thousand or two. Anyways, let's go get the buccos.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Quote:
That was you? I thought that was really cool. You must have had a lot of dumb cubs fans giving you strange looks while you were holding it up.

Way to represent!

Thx, lots of cub fans would look at me, then my O, then me again(also got a "put down that F*@#$!$% O!". I told him "when the cubs take the lead, i will put it down." Although the brewer fans all loved it. I even got lyle to look at it and point and smile at me.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif I think he was a little shocked they saw so many brewer fans so close (there were 3 more an aisle down from me and my dad)

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Archived