Brewer Fanatic

6/30/05 1:20 CST Capuano (7-6, 3.22) vs. Maddux (7-4, 4.56)

Cyanogen5
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A great win, and an uneventful Turnbow outing combined with Jenkins hitting, this must be a Matrix like thing.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I never remember how this works.....was that a save? Turnbow came in and the guy in the hole was the tying run.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I too was wondering about JDLR. These last couple of weeks have moved me out of Ned's corner. I just want to stay on plan and develop young players. Let's face it, Phelps isn't part of the future. I have heard and read DM and Gord talk about playing the young players, but it seems like they are the lowest on the totem pole. That is why I wonder if Ned and DM are on the same page. When JDLR is on, he is a lot better than Phelps is.

I am pretty sure that last season or the season before, the Brewers probably drop the last game and end up getting swept. This year they are managing to salvage a little bit more.

Baby steps towards respectabillity.

Quote:
I was out on the golf course so I did not see Lee's second HR, but according to Ueck and Jim it was an absolute bomb. How far did that fly?

never heard a distance...but it was long. uecker was comparing it to the bomb that glenallen hill hit against the crew a couple years back. wouold have probably been well out of miller park...outside the park

"I never remember how this works.....was that a save? Turnbow came in and the guy in the hole was the tying run."

No I don't believe it's a save- if I remember correctly, the tying run needs to be on deck.

Great win! Bring on the Pirates and the month of July!

I'll try not to be a party pooper, but that sentence takes me back to a bad place. (Insert Homer Simpson shudder)

Though in this context, maybe it's *good* the Brewers lost two in this series.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

you wouldnt be talking about sweeping the Cubs in 2001 at the end of June and then heading to Pittsburgh with the sweep suits would you??

Or maybe you were referring to last year when we were 41-34 and won something like 5 in a row on the road (I think we beat the Cubs again) and then went to Pittsburgh and got swept??

Well...maybe being under .500 and losing 2 of 3 means we will have a tremendous 2nd half this year!

Archived