Brewer Fanatic

6/30/05 1:20 CST Capuano (7-6, 3.22) vs. Maddux (7-4, 4.56)

Cyanogen5
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Lee's OPS is now at an even .900
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The sleeping giant has been awoken.

Man, I wish there was a run bank. We could deposit a few to withdraw later.

My only hope now is that Jenks goes 4 for 4. He needs to get out of that funk. He IS IS IS an .850 to .950 OPS hitter. You just stare at his stats over the years, and he MUST MUST MUST hit. You cannot just unlearn how to hit. Can you?

Mike Muddux just engenders in me a great deal of confidence. I really think he is the real deal....glad he is locked up with us for a while.

edit: that last play by Overbay is for those that believe he is an excellent fielding first baseman.

the brewers don't realize bottalico cannot go more than 1 inning.

he's pitched 2.0 three times this year. with two Blown Saves.

Well he made it, so I'll shut up for now. But i think they are using him wrong. He should never go more than one inning, he should be used to bail a guy out of an inning, or to get out 1 or 2 righties...

TNBrewerFan- fair enough. I'd actually be surprised to see Bottalico traded though. I thought Maddux/Yost were big on the "veteran influence" in the bullpen.

And as I examined his stats more closely he only pitched more than 1 inning about 6 times in 30 outings, not a drastic as i thought. (those 1+ outings don't go well though).

Archived