Brewer Fanatic

7/1/05 7:05 CT (Ohka, 5-4, 3.50) vs Redman (4-6, 3.42)

Cyanogen5

Well, I started off the game thread yesterday and we won, so here it goes again.

8:05 PM ET - Miller Park

Pittsburgh (34-43) Redman (4-6, 3.42 ERA)

Milwaukee (36-42) Ohka (5-4, 3.50 ERA)

Stat Pack: Printable Program, Scorecard and More, customized for this game

Lets hope Ohka shows us the stuff that he showed against the Devil Rays in his first Brewers start.

Edit: Fixed date in header

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
When did we start using European date format?

Its all the rage . . . get on board!!

I'm currently doing my best to repress terrible terrible 4th of July series with Pirates last year . . . .

Let's go Tomo!! Keep the ball in the park today!!

I typically join the game day threads further upstream, so I haven't previously seen the link to the StatPack before. It is quite cool, to say the least. Is that a feature provided to ESPN subscribers or is it there for everyone?

In any case, I appreciate the link.

The StatPack is there for everyone, and is customized for that days game. I used to print them out all of the time and would sometimes keep score at home. I don't do it as often anymore, but it is fun to do sometimes when you don't have anything else going on. It is one of the nice things ESPN has added over the last couple of years that, surprisingly, isn't a pay feature.

Oh no! It's Redman, a dreaded soft-tossing lefty.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Game time tonight at 19:05 hours.

AAuuggh!! Make it stop!!

Rumor has it the Pirates are going to experiment with the length between the bases and put them 27.432 meters apart.

Edit: By the way I have a good feeling about tonights game.

I don't know how much people put into the Pythagorean Win % Calculation but the Brewers should be at .513.

imo, Ned needs a .500 or better 2nd half to make sure he has the same job next year.

Should the Brewers just forget about trying to play small ball? It seems they can't, and then they continue to take themselves out of innings.

Lead-off doubles need to score 75% of the time.

I predict that our batsmen will deliver a jolly-good thrashing upon these bloody Pirates. At least 2 balls will sail over the boundary ropes for sixes, I say. Good Show!

Let's just hope our bowlers stay the course and lead our gents to superb victory!

Cheers!

Lead-off doubles need to score 75% of the time.

Using statistics from 1999-2002, a leadoff double scored only 63% of the time. What if the pitcher walks 2 guys to leadoff an inning? Only 64% of the time does that team go on to score atleast one run.

"They're a pretty different team than they were the last few years." -- Maddux, on the Brewers

I think I'm going to the game tonight, but not sure which shirt to grab. Maybe I'll grab the new logo since everyone else will take the old one.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Jack Wilson is having a Terrible year! Barely ahead of Hardy in OPS. He had a poor first season similar to what Hardy is now doing but seemed to be improving steadily until this year. Anyone with more knowledge of the Pirates know about this situation?

Verified Member

I hate to sound greedy, but the Brewers really need to start distancing themselves from the Pirates. We have three games at home against a slumping Pirates team. Time for the Beer Makers to step it up and take care of business.

They have seen Mark Redman several times now. They have to start hitting him. No more excuses.

For the record -- I went on the game thread yesterday and for the first time I guaranteed a victory (so I'm 1 for 1 http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif ). I am NOT guaranteeing a victory tonight. But, I'll be rooting for one.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Archived