Brewer Fanatic

7/2/05 6:05 CT (Santos, 2-8, 3.27) vs Duke (0-0, 0.00)

Cyanogen5

7:05 PM ET - Miller Park

Pittsburgh (34-44) Duke (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

Milwaukee (37-42) Santos (2-8, 3.27 ERA)

Pirates' Duke makes major league debut against Brewers

Stat Pack: Printable Program, Scorecard and More, customized for this game

Carlos Lee should be in the line-up tonight, so lets hope he goes off and helps score Santos some runs. I will be gone for the weekend, so lets hope the winning streak doesn't depend on my ability to start game threads!!! Let's put some distance between us and the Pirates!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We face a first timer toight? Well, there goes our chance at getting any runs. We could not hit a rookie if we were in a phone booth with him. Most other teams could make Zach Duke look like "Patty" Duke, but not us. Duke will make all our guys look like Geoff Jenkins at the plate, who has a great game when only striking out twice and getting HBP. JJ " I can Hardly hit" Hardy has no more business being in the major leagues than my two year old daughter. Wes Helms couldn't field a ball cleanly if ya handed it to him. Our hitters couldn't bunt a ball if it were on a dang tee. How are we expecting to beat the Pirates tonight? Are they going to call in sick and be a no show?
-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Verified Member

"we do have the vampire pitching at night though "

Which only adds more to the thought that we'll struggle offensvily tonight.

Lets not throw Zach Duke into the same catagory as Wandy Rodgriguez, etc. This is one of there stud prospects who's pitched extremely well in AAA for them this year. I've seen him pitch and think he's going to be a good pitcher.

Last night we ridded ourselves of the Redmon struggles, maybe tonight we can do the same w/rookie pitchers.

I'm pretty stoked to see Duke pitch... he's only 22 and he's been pretty darned good at Indy this year. The weird thing is that he stopped striking out people when he got to Double-A last year and that's continued this season... he fanned just 66 in 108 innings with the Indians.

In any case, I'm glad we're going to get a chance to see him in his debut. If the Pirates have their way, he'll be a staple of the Bucs rotation for a long time.

~Bill

We face a first timer toight? Well, there goes our chance at getting any runs. We could not hit a rookie if we were in a phone booth with him. Most other teams could make Zach Duke look like "Patty" Duke, but not us. Duke will make all our guys look like Geoff Jenkins at the plate, who has a great game when only striking out twice and getting HBP. JJ " I can Hardly hit" Hardy has no more business being in the major leagues than my two year old daughter. Wes Helms couldn't field a ball cleanly if ya handed it to him. Our hitters couldn't bunt a ball if it were on a dang tee. How are we expecting to beat the Pirates tonight? Are they going to call in sick and be a no show?

Ahh, I *always* feel better about the Brewers' chances when there's some brewerjamie pregame smack talk. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

SenatoShriv,

Try to get 580. Whenever I go to minneapolois I can usually pick up the game. It's out of La Crosse, but for the most part it'll be a bit crackly, but I'm guessing you should be able to hear it for the most part.

Quote:
SenatoShriv,

Try to get 580. Whenever I go to minneapolois I can usually pick up the game. It's out of La Crosse, but for the most part it'll be a bit crackly, but I'm guessing you should be able to hear it for the most part.

Depending on where you are coming from. Chart your path and let the affiliates be your guide. Time to change the pre-sets and keep shuffling to the strong signal. Here's the list:

Affiliates

Santos is 2-8 and the Brewers are 3-12 in his starts. Can the Crew score some runs tonight.

The Brewers have has many wins in games started by Ohka as they do when Santos starts.

No prettiness today, but here are the lineups.

Pirates:

Matt Lawton RF

Freddy Sanchez 3B

Rob Mackowiak CF

Jason Bay LF

Daryle Ward 1B

Jose Castillo 2B

Humberto Cota C

Jack Wilson SS

Zach Duke P

Brewers:

Brady Clark CF

Rickie Weeks 2B

Bill Hall 3B

Carlos Lee LF

Damian Miller C

Wes Helms 1B

Geoff Jenkins RF

J.J. Hardy SS

Victor Santos P

Wouldn't it be nice to see "Corey Hart RF"? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

~Bill

Archived