Brewer Fanatic

7/3/05 Pirates (Fogg) @ Brewers (Davis) 1:05 CST

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Nice, somehow the Brewers manage to make it hurt even worse in the ninth

Actually hurts less for me. I dunno why, it just does. Score 10 runs and we lose which is crazy, against the pirates no less. How big is that homer rob by Bay now?

Quote:
What a great game. Sure we could have won, but it was still fun to watch all the drama unfold. We still took 2 out of 3 which is all you can ask for.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eek.gif

Well to be honest I pretty much gave up on this one when the Pirates got the 5 in the seventh. You could feel the loss coming then. Someone else brought up how the Pirates always stick a fork in us and I agree, I fear this one may send us on a losing spell that will have us talking trades in a week or 2. It's just sooooo frustrating to see this team come so close to turning the corner and then take a setback like this. I know it's one game and crap happens but this team seems to endlessly be stuck in mediocrity, when we have guys step up someone else ALWAYS steps back.

Quote:
What a great game. Sure we could have won, but it was still fun to watch all the drama unfold. We still took 2 out of 3 which is all you can ask for.

I agree. For the hardcore fans like us this game kills. But for the casual observer games like this are good for business. The casual fan will watch/go to the park if he/she thinks that they will be entertained.

The big reason this game hurts is because our next 15 games are against playoff teams and 11 of those are on the road. A big loss like this followed by what I think is going to be a rough 2.5 weeks and the team could really lose its confidence and get that 'here we go again' feeling after last years collapse.

Quote:
How many knee-jerk reaction threads will there be after today's game? -Brian the Automator
Quote:

I'll go with seven, but five will be locked. Although it is a holiday weekend so there aren't as many people online as there would be on a weeknight. -batman

There are already atleast 3 or 4 on the mlb message boards. I only see two on these boards so far, but i'm sure they are bound to pop-up. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif

well,even though this game turned out terribly we still took two out of three from the pirates. If you honestly expected a sweep coming in you expected too much from the get. yes today the crew did manage to snatch a loss from the jaws of victory.but when the end of the season rolls around well probably have done the same thing to a few other teams(as well as having this happen to us poor brew fans a few times). its a looong season crap happens.

Archived