Brewer Fanatic

7/3/05 Pirates (Fogg) @ Brewers (Davis) 1:05 CST

Quote:
That said, whoever is responsible for the mess today certainly deserves to be criticized mercilessly.

I would have pulled Davis after Lawton's single, but I understand wanting to save the bullpen in a blow-out type game (Davis does have 2 CG). That's on the manager.

Bottalico was an fine choice to come in, he just failed to do his job. That's on him. Maybe JDLR would have done better, but there is likely a reason he's not pitching in games right now (none of us see the pitchers pitch every day like the coaches do).

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
someone should tell ned we have a few more players in the bullpen other than bottalico,santana,wise,and phelps. the way we neglect a young arm like JDLR in a five run situation and trot out a struggling davis for another inning is terrible. and someone who has been used the last two days in Bottalico is even worse.BTW i belive its everyones hero mike maddux who helps make the decison on what pitchers come in. everyone makes mistakes i guess

I'm glad they didn't use JDLR today. With Sheeter starting tomorrow, there's a high probability that he'll be needed in long relief. How many innings does Sheets average per start... like three and a third or something?

Good job, Ned.

~Bill

Santana is sweet at stranding inherited runners, so Ned wanted to make sure he felt comfortable when he came in. Therefore, he let Phelps open the inning so the Pirates could get a few baserunners.

Not only that, but then he double-switched so that Helms can come in and play defense at third. Because, you know, he's really great with the leather.

**projective vomit**

~Bill

Why are we double switching to put Helms in at 3rd?? So what if the pitcher's spot is due up 4th, Santana isn't going to pitch the 9th, why not just pinch hit when the time comes?

Logic? How dare you bring logic into this discussion, dog with a mouthful of bees?!?

What the heck is going on? Did Ned and Maddux read about Dock Ellis' no-hitter and decide that it would be cool to try to manage a game on LSD? Yikes.

~Bill

If we get Bay, walk Ward, its a no brainer. So in that case i'm sure yost will pitch to him.

EDIT: Will nevermind, tie game. Thanks for 6 solid innings of work DD! And offense thanks for 8 runs, oh could we have a couple more please. I'm just sickend.

Archived