Brewer Fanatic

7/4/05 Brewers (Sheets) @ Marlins (Olsen) 5:05 CST

bigopey76
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha ha... you know Sheets is gonna be jawing after the game about how they pitched around him in the fifth and then brought someone in to pitch to him in the sixth. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

Community Moderator
What a strange move by Florida. Bring in Bump with the pitcher due to bat, and their own pitchers' spot due to lead off in the next inning. Really quite odd to basically waste a pitcher to get a terrible hitting pitcher like Sheets out.

Community Moderator

Isn't it amazing that after Sheets started throwing curveballs in the 5th inning, he's been completely unhittable?

Come on guys, this isn't rocket surgery.... you have to throw curveballs from the onset.

Quote:
What a strange move by Florida

Obviously you have to bring in the Righty to face Sheets. Law of averages state that he has got to get a hit Sometime. Better not take any chances.

For real, though, I think that move was totally pitch count related. Olson is just a kid, and I think his count was as strict as a pitch count can get.

That was the stupidest use of a pitcher ever. Even Yost wouldn't change just to get Sheets out.

I think his count was as strict as a pitch count can get.

That's possible, but it's not like it would have taken more than 4 pitches to get Ben out.

Archived