Brewer Fanatic

7/6/05 Brewers (Ohka) @ Marlins (Burnett) 6pm CST

After yesterday's win, there were people here talking about the wildcard. Now, after a loss, the Yost haters pop out. C'mon people. 28 up, 28 down. 3 errors. 1 loss. Move on, we can still win the series today, and I honestly was praying for a split with the pitchers the Marlins have. The other guys get paid too.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, it is like talking to a statue.

Man, it's like listening to a broken record.

Bill and Darron mentioned that Ned had said he didn't want to use Turnbow last night if he didn't have to because the bow had appeared in 5 of the last 6 games. He wasn't totally unavailable but it would seem Wise was being held back to close it until Ricky ran into trouble. You know, this wasn't the 7th game of the World Series so Ned has to plan for today and going forward also.

The offense and defense blew this game. It's tough to ask a pitcher to get 6 outs in an inning.

Quote:
The offense and defense blew this game. It's tough to ask a pitcher to get 6 outs in an inning.

Even though he was able to do it. Yes, he gave up the two hits, but he also made the pitched to get out of it without any damage, but the young fellas couldn't handle rather simple plays, and here are these dopes today somehow claiming the manager is to blame for that loss.

As always I'd love for the Brewers problems to be that simple. just replace the manager and we'll be good. Just doesn't work that way/

In Ned's defense, you can't help it if your batters go hittless for 9 innings. You also can't help the errors.

In the Ned-haters' defense, just because your team looks like they are trying to throw the game away, doesn't mean you don't have to manage. We were still tied, i think he made the right decision taking Wise out. But i would have liked to see Santana in that situation.

Oh well, BECAUSE....

They have used ALOT of their bullpen in the first three games, and we have used very little.

We have a good edge for today's game and i don't think that anyone should be crying about taking 3 of 4 from the Marlins in Florida.

I know when i first saw 7 games at Florida/Atlanta, i thought 3-4 would be nice. Now it looks like we have a shot at 5-2.

3 errors (and another that would have been had the ball not rolled directly to 2nd base where Rickie was waiting - plus if Hardy fields the ball cleanly its an easy DP) and yet some people try to pin this one on Ned? Unbelievable. Why is it that every time the Brewers lose, Ned somehow botched the game? I suppose we should just never use Bottalico, never use Santana, never use Phelps or JDLR or Obie.... then they would never have the chance to lose the game. At some point people need to stop blaming Ned and realize that sometimes your pitchers are just going to get beat. It happens.

------------------

The sky is falling. The sky is falling.

Quote:
I feel so foolish as I read this thread. I thought it was pretty obvious that horrible defense and horrific offense were to blame for this ugly loss. I'm glad I've been educated here that a manager's decision on which relief pitcher to bring in was the true cause for loss.

Folks, are you kidding me? Three errors, 22 strikeouts, 28-up-and-28-down, four hits in 12 innings, and we're discussing which reliever was called upon?

Get used to it... everything is Ned's fault according to the very loud minority.

Well said, Ja.

Hoffy, let me get this straight: You are forgiving three errors and 28 straight unproductive at-bats because, to paraphrase, "they happen in the moment," and instead choose to pin the loss on Yost because of one decision he made on which reliever to bring in because he had more time to make that decision?

Sorry, I'm not getting on that boat.

Anyways, when all is said and done, it was one game. Hopefully. As long as the events of Wednesday night do not become a trend, there's no sense getting too up-in-arms about any of it.

Archived