Brewer Fanatic

7/7/05 Brewers (Santos) vs. Marlins (Moehler) 12:05 CST

mikerollins
Community Moderator

So begins our 2nd half spiral. Usually it starts in early July in Pittsburgh, it appears that it's started in Florida and will continue in Atlanta.

Anyone want to bet against them being 12 games under .500 by the deadline?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:

I'll take the under . . . 15 games, with a whole lot of prospects seeing time for the remainder of the season.

I'll take that bet. I figure the Brewers for 2 wins in Atlanta, even though the Braves are hot right now. Then coming off the All Star break, hopefully the Crew can get it going. No way this team is 12 under by the end of the month. No way.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Good God this board flips flops more than a certain presidential candidate. 24 hours ago it was wild card talk, now it's 15 games under .500. I think I'll abstain from the game/venting threads until September.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Oh how I wish for

my Jorge De La Rosa.

But 'no!' Ned declares.

In from the bullpen

trots Bottalico, fanning

the flames. Grand slam. Yuck.

Sadness is here now,

My happiness has left.

Curse you Ricky B.

~Bill, pining for better days (like Monday)

No way this team is 12 under by the end of the month. No way.

Why do I have a feeling this will be someone's signature for the rest of the year, after it happens? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

So begins our 2nd half spiral. Usually it starts in early July in Pittsburgh, it appears that it's started in Florida and will continue in Atlanta.

First of all, I hope your comments were sarcastic, but I didn't take them that way. So....

Wow, lose an extra innings game and get beat up a little in the last of a 4 game series in which we went(assuming the Fish hold on) 2-2 and the season is over(AGAIN).

The flip-flopping has been out of hand for awhile now, so I don't know why I'm complaining as people will continue to do this for the forseeable future.

I figured this team was in trouble when I heard the trainer on the radio pregame making excuses that guys are tired and are "looking forward to the break", to recharge.

Winning teams don't build in excuses nor do they coast in to the All Star break.

I heard the trainer on the radio pregame making excuses that guys are tired and are "looking forward to the break", to recharge.

Ask all 30 teams and I'm quite certain you would get a similar response from most of them. The guys not going to the All Star game gotta be looking forward to 3 days off. Human nature.

Why do I have a feeling this will be someone's signature for the rest of the year, after it happens?

I'll use it as my own if it actually happens... which it won't. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Quote:
Wow, lose an extra innings game and get beat up a little in the last of a 4 game series.

Ummm wow, is it possible to underplay what happened last night anymore?

We had perfect ball thrown against us for 9 and 1/3 innings while we had a lead against a guy who set down 14 guys himself.

As for using Blowtallico again today, words cannot explain . . .

Living in Chicago, I have not heard one member of the White Sox mention how tired he is and how they can't wait for a break.

Somehow I don't think the red hot Astros are thinking that way either.

They may feel that way, but to come out and say it is excuse making and I don't want to hear more excuses from this bunch.

Never Happen the Brewers will go on the usual losing Streak to about 8 games under and win a few to get back to within 3 games of 500. If they get to 10 games under i can see a coach getting canned.

Ps With Ned sticking with Ricky ,they both cost us a chance at getting a good prospect.

Santos splits coming into this game over the past three years . . .

Day: 8.71 in 71.1 IP and a .327 AVG

Night: 4.42 in 134.1 IP and a .271 AVG

At what point do we seriously think about using a spot starter for him when day games come up in his rotation spot?

Basically everyone in here is not a fan anyways. People react here like they are supposed to win every game and if a pitcher gives up a run or 5 even, they need to be traded, cut, or sent down. Any BASEBALL fan would understand that every pitcher gives up runs, teams lose games, and players dont always get a hit. I love the board but I am sick of morons ruining it because of their ********. Like last night for one example. After the game was tied all you heard was "This one is over", "I hope they lose", "we suck", and "This is the beginning of a long losing streak"

Why are you people watching the games then and wasting time on the internet? We all want them to win as much as the next guy. But everytime they lose people go nuts and talk how bad we are. Then DONT watch or listen. Us real fans who actaully know baseball will worry about them. No team has players that havent given up runs or get a hit everytime. Grow up and learn what the heck you are talking about. I believe this is where the term bandwagon begun with people like this.

I look forward to a time when we are a division leader and that time doesnt appear to be far away. I just hope we dont bring some of these fake fans with us. Read a baseball book and see that people are not perfect and believe it or not they want to do well and win also.

At what point do we seriously think about using a spot starter for him when day games come up in his rotation spot?

Last year.

Why are you people watching the games then and wasting time on the internet?

My irony meter just shattered.

I honestly don't know, since apparently nobody here is a real fan. So by condescending and posting with "us", do you lose your "real" fandom and become one of us "fake fans", or is there some sort of limbo-time where you haven't been sucked in, or what?

[ Basically everyone in here is not a fan anyways. ]

Hey now, i'm a fan. I even have my own website.

Yeah, I think people need a pretty big dose of lithium here. I'm not going to call specific people out, but there are some people who after a 2 game winning streak say the team's a wildcard contender, and after a 2 game losing streak go running for a razor blade.

I tend to mock the team when they're doing poorly, but that's really just my way to vent a bit by trying to interject humor. I think that's a healthier way to go about it than say you're done with the team one day and then proclaim them the next best thing to oxygen the following day.

Archived