Brewer Fanatic

7/7/05 Brewers (Santos) vs. Marlins (Moehler) 12:05 CST

mikerollins
Community Moderator

Yup. 5 complete innings = whole game, unless home team is leading, then 4.5 = game.

As I understand it, the only way 4.5 = game is if the home team hasn't taken any AB's in the bottom of the 5th. If the game is suspended, it would go back to the score after the Brewers AB's which was 3-3, so no way this game can be called, IIRC.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, you're right Peavey. If a lead is taken in bottom 5, the away team gets to bat again.

As I understand it, the only way 4.5 = game is if the home team hasn't taken any AB's in the bottom of the 5th.

Well, I think it doesn't matter as long as they're already ahead to start the inning.

In any case, game's on in 10!

RyDogg,

I wasn't disagreeing with you when I asked you to explain. I was simply stating that I was unable to witness the play myself and was wondering why you were so convinced it was a bad call to bunt the pitcher there.

For the record, I agree that they probably should have pinch hit. I don't, however, think that you can use the result of the play (Moeller getting thrown out at 3rd) as a reason why it was a bad call, since that happened after the fact. I would imagine the reason no pinch hitter was used is due to the fact that the bullpen was used heavily yesterday.

"There is no way you can pinch hit for Santos considering how much work our bullpen has seen".

That statement only applies to the 5 guys Yost actually uses in the bullpen. They may not be the ideal guys, but De La Rosa and Obermueller have both been MIA. Obie finally got a call when they ran out last night but he is hardly overworked. If Yost is afraid to use them in a close game, they shouldn't be on the roster.

2 Losses in a row! Fire Everybody! Force Mark to sell the team! Burn the Keg down! Bottalico shouldn't have pitched there, they should of called up Diggins! He's in Florida anyway!

YEAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I now remove my tounge from my cheek.

Here's the part of the story nobody knows. Ned Yost has trouble pronouncing 'Jorge delaRosa.' Whenever he says it over the phone, Castro snickers at him for his terrible accent. Yost, a proud man, thus rarely asks for delaRosa to warm up.

And that's the rest of the story.

Ugh.

Now they'll have to deal Bottalico for a PTBNL, and they'll have to pay his salary to boot. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

(Look at it this way. They split against a pretty good team on the road. If they take one in Atlanta, it'll be a 3-4 road trip, and that's not that bad, considering the opposition and this team's road record.)

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

I feel like I've posted this 100 times.

Why does Yost feel he needs to use Blowtallico two days in a row after he has a horrible outing the day before?

Does 'Blow' come with special instructions that he needs to get his confidence back right away or something?

Let's get this "showcasing" done with and get him on his way. I'm sick of seeing this joker on the mound.

Wild Card here we come. Even after the first two games I said that 3 wins was the most we could reasonably expect on this trip. The Brewers are certainly validating that opinion.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Mikerollins is my favorite poster.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived