Brewer Fanatic

7/7/05 Brewers (Santos) vs. Marlins (Moehler) 12:05 CST

mikerollins
I know that people get ticked listening a lot, everyone does. It wasn't really directed at that one comment, but rather all the negativity I've seen that has been mostly unwarranted. The ups and downs everyone has on a day-to-day basis are ridiculous. The defense has been horrible, but people will blow so much out of proportion.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The defense has been horrible, but people will blow so much out of proportion.

Well, there was about 1 crappy(not errors, but missing the cutoff man, only getting one out on a almost sure DP ball) play per inning in this game so far, so I don't think anyone was blowing it out of proportion.

Is anyone else hoping that the game is suspended and resumed in Milwaukee in August?

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Considering we are in the bottom of the 5th....this one is as good as over.

Hey Ned. Good thing you had Victor bunt in the 5th (unsuccessfully)...with the way he was throwing the first 4 innings I dont know what we would have done if he couldnt continue pitching. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

How about

1.) Santos had already tossed 80 pitches, and none of them were any good

2.) Santos can't bunt, nobody on the team can bunt...and in fact Chad was thrown out at 3rd.

3.) I am sick of giving up outs for no reason. PH Durrington or Magruder, go for a hit and see about a big inning with the top of the order up next.

4.) even if successful the way the offense has been going Clark would have most likely popped out or k'd (in fact he popped out)

other than that it was the perfect call.

Quote:
Is anyone else hoping that the game is suspended and resumed in Milwaukee in August?

I was hoping for that, but I think it counts as a completed game now. You only need 5 innings to complete a game and I would assume that even if the 5th inning isn't completed, if the home team is leading, it would be equivelant to the bottom of the 9th? Am I right on this? Anoyone know for sure?

Either way I hope it starts up again here in a little bit because I think the Crew can get a few runs and win this thing.

if the home team is leading, it would be equivelant to the bottom of the 9th? Am I right on this? Anoyone know for sure?

Yup. 5 complete innings = whole game, unless home team is leading, then 4.5 = game.

You're right, Mike. The Marlins have the lead; it's all over if it's called. I'm not sure what I was (wishfully) thinking when I posted that.

Let's say the Brewers took the lead in the top of the sixth and then the game was called, then it would have been suspended and resumed.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

The bottom line again is that everytime we get close to 500

we then fall back to the other end near 10 games under 500.

That is what so frustrating just as they do some things postive

the go back to there bad habits

There is no way you pinch hit for Santos there considering how much work our bullpen has seen lately. Santos is a bad enough hitter that bunting probably isn't any worse than him just hitting there.

If you want to point at a reason we are losing, point at the teams defense on the day because when one team gets 4 outs an inning, they are bound to win.

Archived