Brewer Fanatic

7/8/05 Brewers (Davis) @ Braves (Sosa) 6:35 CST

I sent this in as a Car Soup question last night. I think we should try to get it on:

Bill,

Why don't you like OPS?

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no idea how to argue with statheads. They are like my teenage children. When you explain to them using their own logic they simpl say 'nah, that logic does not apply right now'.

So for the stat heads and those who like to watch... OPS batting position by position for MLB events only (I was gonna use the Corey Hart joke, as well)

1- 796 to 678 Crew +118

2- 849 to 826 Crew +23

3- 830 to 851 Braves +21

4- 866 to 939 Braves +73

5- 754 to 835 Braves +81

6- 834 to 600 Crew +234

7- 754 to 730 Crew +24

8- 578 to n/a (less than 10 at bats for Francoeur)

So, here is where the stat heads, who need to justify that the Braves are the better team, will trot out... well, what the heck will they trot out?

Actually Atlanta has the 2nd best era (team) and the Crew used to be 2nd but has now dropped to 5th in the Nat.

Off topic of the game, but with the commercial I thought of a discussion me and my friend had. Is the "official" rally cap suppose to be forward or backward? Obviously it doesn't "really" matter but I always thought forward and he thought backwards.

Is the "official" rally cap suppose to be forward or backward? Obviously it doesn't "really" matter but I always thought forward and he thought backwards.

But forward is how you always wear it, so that seems a little odd.

We always folded it and did it shark fin style.

Archived