Brewer Fanatic

7/14/05 Nationals (Patterson) @ Brewers (Davis) 1:05 CST

rluzinski
  • Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davis is a horrible hitter

He's batting .143 with 3 RBI, and if I'm not mistaken he had a multi-hit game a week or two ago (against the Pirates I think).

So I wouldnt call him horrible

He's batting .143 with 3 RBI, and if I'm not mistaken he had a multi-hit game a week or two ago (against the Pirates I think).

So I wouldnt call him horrible

Last year he was 1 for 64 with one walk all season long.

That's a .047 OPS folks.

Fortunately he's a pretty good pitcher, and I would have left him in there too.

Davis's career line is .069/.076/.085(ave/obp/slg) and last year he was .016/.031/.016. He is horrible even for a pitcher. On the bright side Rickie Weeks is the man. As good as he is now he is going to be that much better in the next couple of years.

If Davis pitches two scoreless innings and we take the lead I say its worth it. Otherwise I'd have liked to see us do something with out out. Maybe Ned just figured whoever he was going to bring off the bench would just K anyways, so wait until they get to the pen. I can live with that rationale.

Going into today the brewers were 9th in the NL in OPS with RISP with a .766, tied for 15th with a .244 BA and 2nd in K's with 1 K every 5.3 PA . Going into today the brewers were 9th in OPS with a .747 and 15th with a .255 BA and 2nd in K's with 1 K every 5.2 PA total.

This team is not anti-clutch at all, its just not a very good hitting team. They hit almost exactly the same with RISP as without and K almost exactly the same.

1 automatic out isn't equal to an inning pitched, especially when your entire bullpen hasn't pitched in 3 days. Also, you COULD use an EXTREMELY small sample size to say Davis is an OK hitting pitcher, but he ain't.

Archived