Brewer Fanatic

7/17/05 Nats (Drese) @ Crew (Ohka) 1:05 CST

mikerollins
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
I haven't heard but from what I saw, Magruder may well be out a while. He got hit flush on his right elbow.

Then put him on the DL, call up Hart and let Lee and (after he cools off) Jenkins have time off once in a while. Gotta keep those guys fresh and, with the Dog Days coming, Hart might give them a legitmate offtensive threat on those occasions.

I think Carlos is saving his hits for the Cardinals.Carlos can't go 0 for St Louis in this series He can have a day off when we play Cincy. This is a tough stretch with 18 games in a row since the All Star break to July 31, but we are off to a nice 3-1 start

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/pimp.gif

Great win today. A split after winning the first two would have definitely sucked all the momentum out of our club. If we can split with St. Louis then I think it is just a matter of time before we are back over .500 since the rest of the month's schedule isn't too tough.

Go 4-3 on the road this week (which is asking a lot considering our road record) and then we have 7 at home vs. AZ and SF.

at Atlanta (and the Brewers went 2-1 there) and at St. Louis were the only 2 places I thought the Brewers would stumble this month. I had Brewers 1-3 there, but it would be really, really nice for them to go 3-1 or sweep the Cards. 2-2 would be expected.

Right now the Brewers are 1/2 way (9-5) to my pick of going 18-10 for month of July.

As for the article on MB.C hinting more transactions, I think there was a small thread here where Brian hinted that Bennett may be called up. He's hurt, but how bad? Could that be the transaction?

Also, I am no Jenkins fan, and the one good thing he does is step into pitches and turn his back. It is a sneaky way to get hit, he sgteps into it, then doubles his surface area that could get hit.

Rooter sounds like a bruise, so a Krynzel,Cruz or Hart sighting does not appear eminent.

So Rooter got a contused ego. Our bench is starting to dirupt my constitution, and our road performance is starting to fracure my spirit. Our bench is all srictured up, and our pen is all hemmorhaged. Melvin, time to get on the phone and shake things up a little. Al Leiter is starting for the Yankees in Boston today...don't they have ANYONE we'd be interested in? 4th outfielder, bench middle infielder? someone???

Archived