Brewer Fanatic

7/17/05 Nats (Drese) @ Crew (Ohka) 1:05 CST

mikerollins
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
its too bad we only have 3 relief pitchers

There is an article on milwaukeebrewers.com where Ned Yost hints that more transactions may be on the way to help the bullpen.

By the way, Houston lost to St. Louis.

End-

Like I say, the Brewers have been pounding the inside corner against Guillen with success in this series. Ohka and Wise don't have the velocity to pull it off though. Santana does. I presume that's why Santana. Anyway, it worked. Props to Ned on this one.

Quote:
There is an article on milwaukeebrewers.com where Ned Yost hints that more transactions may be on the way to help the bullpen.

Maybe he'll actually use them. I'm fine with the guys we have, but Yost needs to stop trying to rely on only Botallico/Santana/Wise. The bullpen as a whole performed much better earlier in the season, when Obermueller, JDLR and Phelps were getting regular work, and the other guys were getting regular rest.

If Magruder is hurt and will miss any time he should be DL'd right away. Enough of the Brewers going with a 24 man roster, especially to keep a role player from missing "too" many games.

EDIT:Where are the Brewers going to get relievers that are better that what Yost currently has? Weak link Phelps is gone. JDLR isn't going away. You have a starting pitching staff giving you 7 innings a game. This shouldn't be that much of a challenge...

Archived