Brewer Fanatic

7/17/05 Nats (Drese) @ Crew (Ohka) 1:05 CST

mikerollins

I'm so excited to try to win the series today that I had to post even though it's only 9:30. Come on Ohka...show em they never shoulda traded you for Spivey!!!

Here's to a big win heading on the road to take a series from the Cards.

GO CREW!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, indeed. Let's for once, not make a crappy pitcher look like Roger Clemens. I wouldn't mind putting a serious hurt on Drese and make this game a no-doubter. Something to the tune of 11-1.

But, I'll settle for Ohka keeping the ball in the yard and pulling off the series win.

I agree, today would have been a perfect day to put Braynon in the outfield and either let Hardy play short and Hall at third. J.J. needs to play. I don't understand why Magruder got to pinch hit last night for Hardy in the 9th.

I

Quote:
just don't get why you'd give Lee a day off. At least not to play CM.

Here is the "why would you give lee a day off" post. It's almost comical. The guy hasn't missed a game all season. He played in the all-star game. He hit in the home run derby. He needs a day off.

Quote:
I'd be more interested in seeing Branyan play a game in RF and let Hall play 3b for the day

This isn't a video game. You can't just plug a 3B into the outfield because it sounds interesting. Yes he's played some OF in the minors, but obviously they aren't comfortable with him out there. There's probably a reason for that. Chris Magruder is the 4th OF. When Lee gets a day off, he's going to be the one that plays.

Quote:
I just don't get why you'd give Lee a day off. At least not to play CM.

Reasons to give Lee the day off.

1. He didn't get an all-star break.

2. Since the all-star break ended, he's only had one hit.

3. Chris Macgruder has been right on the ball his last two at bats, a PH double 2 nights ago, and a ball that was about 5 feet from a HR and 2 feet from a double yesterday.

4. Carlos has not had a day off yet this season.

5. Jenkins is red hot right now, and for the last week actually has looked like a better 4 hitter than Lee.

6. Lee sitting gives us 3 very good PH for the late game.

This isn't a video game. You can't just plug a 3B into the outfield because it sounds interesting. Yes he's played some OF in the minors, but obviously they aren't comfortable with him out there. There's probably a reason for that.

Well, Branyan has played 133 games in LF in his career in the Major Leagues. He's also played 17 games in RF. He could easily play LF as well as Carlos does.

Quote:
This isn't a video game. You can't just plug a 3B into the outfield because it sounds interesting. Yes he's played some OF in the minors, but obviously they aren't comfortable with him out there.

I realize no one keeps track of what things people advocate around here, but I'm not one of the people that throws crazy off the wall lineup changes out there. I suggested a player capable of playing the OF, with power, replace Lee in the lineup in the outfield if he's going to have a day off.

By the way, Miguel Tejada needs a day off too, can you get the memo to his manager . . . That guy has got to be tired, playing in so many games in a row and all.

Its a professional ballplayers job to get out there every day. So, I'm sorry, but I'l respectfully disagree with your opinion that he needs a day off. He can have one in September when the kids are up.

If you remove Carlos from the lineup, you remove most of our offense.

Now that I've said this, CM will surely go 3x4 with 3 RBI and a dinger.

I love when people on here suggest that the lineup is wrong because we always go on to score runs when they do!! It seems to always revolve around the playing of Magruder. I agree that Lee needed a day off...good job Ned!. I disagree that Drese is a crappy pitcher. Since going to the Nationals he has thrown some really good games, now he isn't an elite pitcher but if his sinker is sinking he is going to be tough today. He's a guy I wish we would've gotten instead of the guy who is pitching for us today.

Personally, Hall is looking like a tired player to me. He has not been playing this much the last couple of years. Seems like he is missing pitches or not driving them like he was earlier. By the way, record with JJ starting is now 25-31. 19-16 with JJ not starting. Not sure if it means anything. Please do not start another JJ to AAA thread. Thanks.

Whenever these topics come up I just think to myself, do these people think that the manager, who spends everyday with these players, doesnt know what is best for them? Also, dont you think that they think of these same things and want to win just as bad as we do? Trying to balance the team is their job and these conversations are just funny because they dont change anything and we should really just focus on winning with the team that is put out there.

I think the argument that branyan could play as left as well as carlos is pretty insane. #1 although branyan as 170 games of experience in left, lee has about 5 times more.

# 2 lee has more speed than russell

#3 lee has played a solid left this year.

macgruder had a clutch hit on friday so i say let him play today, give lee some rest to regroup for a big series with the cards tomorrow.

It may be a pro athletes job to go out there every day and play, but if sitting him out a few games here and there helps him and the team in the long run it makes sense to do it. Drese is also a better pitcher than Ohka and this will be a low scoring game.

Archived