Brewer Fanatic

7/19/05 Brewers (Davis) @ Cardinals (Suppan) 7:10pm CST

bjamesw22

I think it will be important for Clark to get going. The 0-5 last night hurt (0-9 minislump after his hot start to the second 1/2). He is a difference maker.No Hall in the line-up. One of his AB's last night got me thinking. He really didn't burst out of the batters box. The ball was kind of mishandled. The DP got turned anyway but I wondered how close it would have been if he hustled. As a team I think the Crew is good but not good enough to go over .500 if they don't put the extra effort into it. That is my $0.02.

Oh by the way...watching the Cubs right now and Burnitz swings a lot like Jenkins. Seems like yesterday when they were the corner OF's.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am tired of playing like garbage against these guys. Can we get some good pitching, defense, and hitting for a few days?

We look better on paper, but lets show it on the field.

brewers cards

1&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp B. Clark, CF&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp D. Eckstein, SS

2.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp R. Weeks, 2B&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp S. Taguchi, CF

3.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp L. Overbay, 1B &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp A. Pujols, 1B

4.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp C. Lee, LF&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp S. Rolen, 3B

5.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp G. Jenkins, RF&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp M. Grudzielanek, 2B

6.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp D. Miller, C &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp H. Luna, RF

7.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp R. Branyan, 3B&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp J. Rodriguez, LF

8.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp J. Hardy, SS &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp E. Diaz, C

9.&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp D. Davis, P&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp J. Suppan, P

It seems that LaRussa is just toying with us. He sits half his big stars each night, and still manages to unleash a devastating offensive onslaught.

Yeah thats sorta what I was thinking. It seems like tonight he's just takin' in easy on us, he knows no one's gonna catch the Cards so maybe he'll just let us take this one.

Heh! FSN Midwest (STL feed on mlb.tv) just showed a highlight reel from one year ago tonight, which was Zambrano's meltdown against Edmonds. Good, family entertainment there.

Unfortunately, it also kicks off another night of overrated Joe Buck and the Mad Hungarian...

Well the Cards are in the exact same situation, and now they'll probably score like 3 runs.....http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

edit: or they'll try the same thing we did.....

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result." - Jeff Foxworthy.

Note to Ned: Four balls outside the strike zone to Pujols until further notice.

If I have to listen to Bill say, "WHY DO YOU GIVE SOMETHING TO HIT" FOR THE THOUSANDS TIME I will find Bill and shove a bat up his posterior. He says Doug shouldn't EVER pitch inside to Pujols. IF HE CAN'T THROW INSIDE HE MIGHT AS WELL NOT BE PITCHING.

I HATE BILL

I HATE BILL

I HATE BILL

I HATE BILL

I HATE BILL

I HATE BILL

I HATE BILL

I HATE BILL

I HATE BILL

I HATE BILL

I HATE BILL

I HATE BILLI HATE BILL