Brewer Fanatic

7/19/05 Brewers (Davis) @ Cardinals (Suppan) 7:10pm CST

bjamesw22
  • Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ball game.

(FWIW, I disagree with the people who say that the bunt was a bad play. 60+ % of the time, Brady doesn't do any better than the situation created by bunting: a productive out. The Expected Runs table shows that a runner at 3rd with no outs makes it more likely that a single run will score than a runner at second with no outs. It didn't work because the heart of the order didn't get the job done....not because it was a bad move.)

Great win tonight.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Quote:
Yeah, Weeks only needed to put the ball in play. Well as long as it wasn't a pop up to the infield. Or foul behind the catcher. Or foul along third. Or foul along first. Or back to the pitcher. Or hard to first. Or hard to third. But yeah, he only needed to put the ball in play.

Good point, but I suppose it depends on the tendencies of the hitter.. Like Brian said, it would have made more sense if it was anyone but Weeks coming up.

Oh well, we won!

Quote:
A good team can score a guy from 3rd with one out. Newsflash...this isn't a good hitting team.

That's the idea...Brady is probably the best bunter on the team. Yes, there is a chance he gets a clean single, but who knows? Personally, I like the situation of having a guy at 3rd with Weeks and Overbay coming up. More often than not, they will get him in. It failed this time, but the bunt was still a good move. A two-run lead would have looked so much better there.

Archived