Brewer Fanatic

7/19/05 Brewers (Davis) @ Cardinals (Suppan) 7:10pm CST

bjamesw22

Not to beat a dead horse, but the bunt worked on FRI. Brady bunted over Magruder and he scored on the balk

Now, back to the game! Great battle, Turbonator

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Our emotions are being poked at and messed with. Give us a break. Half of us here have medics on hand.

I understand. I'm just sick of the armchair managers who think that every move Ned makes is moronic. The guy isn't the best stratigist by any means, but he sure as heck isn't Grady Little either. He lets the players play, as opposed to LaRussa, who micromanages everything.

A good team can score a guy from 3rd with one out. Newsflash...this isn't a good hitting team.

Then, by your rational, shouldn't the Brewers have NOT sacrified the runner over? You are talking in circles.

I disagreed because the numbers say,on average, even if you get the sac down 90% of the time, it's not worth it. With Clark up there, it's DEFINETELY not worth it. I know, stupid numbers.

Quote:
I'm just sick of the armchair managers who think that every move Ned makes is moronic.

I think the consesus was the bunt was moronic. Not every move. Don't let your emotions run away and start exagerating everything ;).

The brewers bunt too much. Especially to move a runner from second to third. It's a dumb call, almost all of the time. Part of the reason this thread exists is to give us a chance to point it out.

Right?

:)

Archived