7/19/05 Brewers (Davis) @ Cardinals (Suppan) 7:10pm CST

bjamesw22
  • Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Stupid move. STUPID

Holy cynical board, Batman

Ned can't do anything right. When something works out, he's lucky...when it doesn't, he's a moron. I sure am glad you guys aren't major league GMs...I thought Steinbrenner was bad, sheesh!

Once, just ONCE I'd like to see teh majority of this board give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I agree with bunting there. Brady is a good bunter, and one run there was huge. Get the guy to third. A good team can score a guy from 3rd with one out. Newsflash...this isn't a good hitting team.

If Brady strikes out, you guys are mad, too...wondering why he didn't sacrifice.

The only benefit of sacrificing there is if Weeks hit's a flyball deep enough to score the runner. An average batter hit's a flyball 33% of the time. Obviously, out of that 33%, only a portion of those fly balls are deep enough to score a run.

Meanwhile, teh guy who sacrified gets a hit (that probably scores the runner 80% of the time) about 32% of the time.

Doesn't add up at all. It's simply done because that's what managers do... they copy old managers like monkeys.

Yeah, Weeks only needed to put the ball in play. Well as long as it wasn't a pop up to the infield. Or foul behind the catcher. Or foul along third. Or foul along first. Or back to the pitcher. Or hard to first. Or hard to third. But yeah, he only needed to put the ball in play.

Quote:

Holy cynical board, Batman

Ned can't do anything right. When something works out, he's lucky...when it doesn't, he's a moron. I sure am glad you guys aren't major league GMs...I thought Steinbrenner was bad, sheesh!

Once, just ONCE I'd like to see teh majority of this board give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I agree with bunting there. Brady is a good bunter, and one run there was huge. Get the guy to third. A good team can score a guy from 3rd with one out. Newsflash...this isn't a good hitting team.

If Brady strikes out, you guys are mad, too...wondering why he didn't sacrifice.

Our emotions are being poked at and messed with. Give us a break. Half of us here have medics on hand.

Archived