Brewer Fanatic

7/20/05 Brewers (Sheets) @ Cardinals (Mulder) 7:10 P.M. CST

JB
Think I may give the Crew a chance and not go tonite, as the brewers are 0-834 when I get to see them live. Plus its unbelievably freakin hot here, might be better to watch on TV.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know what Overbay's numbers are when batting 5th vs. 3rd?

It's too close for me to draw any conclusions, so I'll let you do that on your own.

3rd: 146 AB, .274 AVG, .359 OBP, .466 SLG, .825 OPS

5th: 133 AB, .271AVG, .389 OBP, . .474 SLG, .863 OPS

Doesn't really make a difference it appears. Although, he walked 8 more times and struck out 11 fewer times when in the 5-hole.

Man oh man I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think we get even 3 runs tonight. Look at this line-up against the lefty Mulder:

1 Brady Clark

2 Rickie Weeks

3 Lyle Overbay

4 Carlos Lee

5 Bill Hall

6 Chris Magruder

7 J.J. Hardy

8 Chad Moeller

9 Ben Sheets

Why not give Helms the nod at first? He hits lefties at .280, Overbay hits lefties at .238

Jenkins is hot right now, who cares if it's a leftie or a righty? Jenks is seeing the ball well at the moment, ya gotta leave him in the game what in the heck do you gain with Magruder? Jenkins is also better on defense.

Is Hardy being in the line-up your best option offensively with bad chad catching? I'd probably opt for Hall at short instead, keeping Overbay in at first, and then Helms at third.

Can someone explain why Ned is marching that offense out there???

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Men, the heat and humidity are back. There's no better excuse to sit back for another week and watch the Crew in the AC, not that a lot of us need an excuse. Hide the peanuts and beer, or I will consume every last one of them in the house.

Cmon, let's get this thing going!

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

In defense of Chad he has been hitting a lot better lately, as well as JJ. Maybe Ned feels like they are no longer such an offensive liability. He did say earlier in the year that he wasn't going to play both because of their lack of offense, they've both been better lately.

As for not playing Jenkins and playing Overbay? Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine.

Its true that our lineup doesn't look to grand tonight. Yet I don't fault Ned on the decision to sit Jenks. Jenks has been putrid against lefties all season.

Magruder, while no Willie Mays, hits slightly better vs. lefties, thus we can give Jenks some rest, and let Magruder have some chances.

Also, if, and this is a big if, we are trying to get Jenkins stats up high enough to get a decent return in a trade. Having him hit against pitchers that are going to have a negative effect on his value wouldn't be wise.

Tomwopat - The clips of Turnbow are on MLB.com, you must have MLB.TV to view them.. if you do, just go to multimedia, then MLB.TV.. at the bottom there is today's schedule of games, but you can change the date via the pulldown menu, and just enter in June 25, 2004, and select the angels and dodgers...

Mulder is a bit of a vampire himself, as he is 9-1 with a 2.22 at night and 1-4 with a 7.82 ERA and .354 batting average against during the day.

Righties are hitting .302 vs. Mulder this year while lefties are in the mid .100's

Doesn't make sense though to sit Jenkins and not Overbay. But I'm glad to see a lineup complaint on here, usually means good things. Mulder has been on a role..4 straight wins and excellent numbers. LH's are hitting .172 off Mulder this year while RH's are hitting .302. I think Overbay is playing because he recently complained that the reason he is not hitting well is he is not consistent at bats. If we can keep it close maybe Jenks can help us late, as someone suggested earlier.

Lyle got a hit off of King last night and a knock off of Rusch a while back. I like that they are rewarding him for his recent success. Mulder is a tough one though so O needs to get ahead of the count and hit the fastball!

Lots of Brewer lineup chat, but not a word on STL...

R D. Eckstein ss

R J. Rodriguez lf

R A. Pujols 1b

L J. Edmonds cf

R S. Rolen 3b

L J. Mabry rf

S A. Nunez 2b

R E. Diaz c

L M. Mulder p

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

I like Rubens too!

I remember when O was our everyday 1B man.

This is what my crystal ball says. I forsee Wes being used to PH when we pull Ben and Mulder is just about gassed. He gets a big hit and important RBI. Then we PH Jenks against a righty reliever and leave him in right. He continues his streak and will score. Branyan is next and he goes yard. We win after holding the Cards early and scoring to take it late.

(Lehr may get to pitch 2 innings and hit too)

Archived