Brewer Fanatic

7/20/05 Brewers (Sheets) @ Cardinals (Mulder) 7:10 P.M. CST

JB
  • Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it not be great to struggle with RISP, but your brilliant manager somehow manages to pinch hit with RISP with a really good batter, and the game is won.

That was a possibility. But Ned was completely asleep. Welcome to the Nedster hunch style of managing... or the I will do the wrong thing unitl it accidentally pays off one day... just so I can show you I am right.

How terrible.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/devil.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend with a meaninless statement. Next time I will ask for permission to write.

Yes, get all offended now. You're the one who said Ben "needs to do what it takes to win." Like what, hit homers? The guy gave up 3 stinking runs. That's not that bad. You just need to offer up a little bit of evidence to go along with a statement like that.

Verified Member
I agree that it's "not bad" but it's not good enough. I think most Brewer fans have seen enough performances that would be described as "not bad." Once again, I just want better. That's all.

was yost not aware that

a. jenkins was raking against ray king?

b. jenkins is white hot?

c. magruder looks like he's swinging opposite handed from the left side???

i'm normally somewhat of a yost apologist, but that was pathetic. leave your hottest hitter on the bench because you're so terrified of a lefty-lefty matchup. just sad, scared managing

Quote:
I agree that it's "not bad" but it's not good enough. I think most Brewer fans have seen enough performances that would be described as "not bad." Once again, I just want better. That's all.

you must be joking. one homerun was an eye-high fastball that a guy with no major league homeruns miraculously got on top of. the other was pujols. other than that, he pitched great. get real.

0-13 with RISP; but the same guys can get base hits galore to get INTO scoring position

the only conclusion: mental problem, choking, pressing, anti-clutch, whatever you like

it was like the extra inning game when suddenly the same guys that bashed the ball for three innings suddenly go 0 for 28;

those are not statistical deviations or 'outliers' (they happen too often); this team has mental problems - as does the manager when he manages like this

did not jenks need a full day off; and cannot be used in a situation that everyone can see; then he appears in a who cares, doesnt matter role in the next inning

we should just forget about this day

by the way, the PLAYERS can see how Ned manages, how long before they start to get angry; what a joke batting mag instead of Jenks

(heck I would have even batted Jenks for Lee and Branyan for Magruder... that was the game RIGHT there)

shame Ned and shame on the collar boys... 0-13... c'mon

Verified Member
He pitched "great"? No, great is a shutout. Good is giving up 3 runs. That is real. What's is with all the excuses here? So what if the guy got lucky? So what if the pitch was eye high? It wasn't good enough. Another loss.

I wish I would have went into a coma three weeks ago, just so I could come back to this message board today and be amazed by how many people are complaining about not pinch-hitting Jenkins. Trust me, I agree with you guys. But it's a huge turn-around from 3 weeks ago.

Quote:
No, great is a shutout

are you aware that we were facing the cardinals? trust me, i'm not one to make excuses for this team. sheets was pitching great. 7 k's, no walks. only 78 pitches, but he had to be pulled early beacause this team can't score runs

Verified Member
I know we were playing the Cardinals but why should that matter? If we want to be in the playoffs then we have to beat the best teams. We have to step up the expectations here. He is our #1, I'm expecting that he takes the Cardinals to the shed.

He pitched "great"? No, great is a shutout. Good is giving up 3 runs. That is real. What's is with all the excuses here? So what if the guy got lucky? So what if the pitch was eye high? It wasn't good enough.

1. If all our starters gave up 3 runs every day, would you say that is a "good" staff? I'd say it's a *Great* staff.

2. So now luck is somehow the pitcher's fault?!? What? So if someone tomahawks an eye-high pitch, or golfs a pitch in the dirt, that's the *pitcher's* fault?? How? It's "not good enough"? Garbage.

It wasn't good enough. Another loss.

by this logic it would then seem that most of our pitching staff (starters or otherwise) hasn't been "good enough" even though they've been near the league lead all year in terms of stats (ERA, WHIP, etc.).

i promise you that no matter how good your starting pitching is, if the offense is 0-13 w/RISP, no pitching will ever be good enough to mark a tally in the win column.

Archived