Brewer Fanatic

7/21/05 Brewers (Capuano) at Cardinals (Marquis) 1:10 pm CDT

mls4
  • Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is flawed logic. The Cardinals are down 2-0, and they probably wouldn't concede a run in that situation. They'd bring the infield in, and a Capuano grounder probably wouldn't score a run, especially when Miller is the runner at third.

In the 2nd inning you think they'd pull the infield in? I don't. Even so, just makes it easier to punch a ball through the infield. And if a runner gets thrown out at home, you still have runners at the corners with the top of the order up.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Weeks should bunt.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

For the last time:

Why would you take the bat out of your shortstop's hand and let your pitcher hit away?

Sure, let Sheets hit in that situation. Dumb dumb dumb.

For the last time, read my reasoning. No need to insult. It's a difference in baseball strategy. Looks like your version worked out into a pop out and a double play.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Quote:
In the 2nd inning you think they'd pull the infield in?

Should the Brewers be playing for one run in the second inning? I would agree with you if this was late in the game.

OK, I'm done.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote:
In the 2nd inning you think they'd pull the infield in? I don't. Even so, just makes it easier to punch a ball through the infield. And if a runner gets thrown out at home, you still have runners at the corners with the top of the order up.

Down 2-0, I think most teams would yank in the infield in the first inning in that situation.

To me, your chances are better of scoring if you let Hardy swing away and take your chances than if you tell Hardy to give up an out with the pitcher on deck. That's just asking for trouble.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Hindsight is 20/20.

JJ is like 10 for his last 20. You don't bunt him there. You think we should play for one run against St Louis? Maybe in the ninth inning with a tie score. That's about the only time you take the bat out of your 8 hole hitter.

Archived