Brewer Fanatic

7/21/05 Brewers (Capuano) at Cardinals (Marquis) 1:10 pm CDT

mls4
  • Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

BJames, I'll bite. How do you compare two players offensively if you don't want to use OPS?

And for someone that really doesn't take it very well when his opinions are challenged, you're very quick with those emoticons.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

And for someone that really doesn't take it very well when his opinions are challenged, you're very quick with those emoticons.

I admit it when I'm wrong about things. I just like good discussion. I do see both sides of discussions, but they are opinions for a reason. Baseball strategy is an opinion, there is no book saying, "if this is the situation, then you do this". Just like blackjack. Yeah, there are general rules, but they don't always apply.

Just so we don't stray from the game convo, I'll send ya a message telling you my thought on OPS in your ezinbox.

P.S. And yes, I need to quit using those darn emoticons! I agree.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Bjames,

Sounds good. Like your response.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

"Who would have thought we would win a game against the cards when we had 4 errors, hit into 4 double plays, and had Pujols go 3 for 4?"

Or hit into 5 DPs?

Trent is horrible and should not be on the field

Let's hope that was just a little experiment that Ned is not going to repeat.

So, how long did it take for Trent to make those 3 errors?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote:
I admit it when I'm wrong about things. I just like good discussion. I do see both sides of discussions, but they are opinions for a reason. Baseball strategy is an opinion, there is no book saying, "if this is the situation, then you do this".

I like your arguments, and I enjoy exchanging opinions because you're usually pretty respectful.

And baseball strategy does indeed have a book. I haven't seen it, but some managers go by it wayyyy too often for my taste. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

just got done reading this whole thing.. up all 20 some pages..

just got back from work.

First

Heh, this is pretty good. That ball "boy" last night that grabbed the fair ball.. well, the STL crew showed him hanging his head in shame right afterward. Next to him on the wall is a Southwest Airlines ad. These commentators are saying Southwest should make a commercial out of what happened.. "Wanna get away?"

LMAO at that

2nd OPS doesnt mean crap ( as much ) If He has an AVG of .190 w/ RISP. Altho the corralation of OPS/RISP usally go hand in hand.

I felt like I was at the game reading this game thread. SOOO KOOL.... IM almost GPd... pz

Quote:
Am I the only one who feels like the Brewers have zero chance of even splitting this series?

Quote:
We are also playing on the raod where we've been miserable. Little bit more than ONE inning. You are basically saying they will win 2 of the remaining 3. Yehhhh.

Yehhhhh.

Archived