Brewer Fanatic

7/23/05 Brewers (Santos) @ Reds (Claussen) 6:10 CST

RyDogg66
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was also a way to limit Eveland's pitching load. He has already logged 109 innings this season and is coming up on the career-high 133 1/3 innings he threw last year between Huntsville and Class A Beloit.

www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050715&content_id=15923&vkey=news_milb&fext=.jsp

Can't tell if it's just McCalvy's thought or someone from the Brewers mentioned it to him.

Start Dana! Nevermind that...

He hasn't even cracked AAA yet and its not like he has overpowering stuff. Situational lefty is where he belongs right now. About 15 starts + about 5 innings a start + minor league innings = too many innings in '05.

I'd rather give hendrickson another shot in the big leagues, but i say keep santos and ohka for now.

He hasn't even cracked AAA yet and its not like he has overpowering stuff.....I'd rather give hendrickson another shot in the big leagues

Right, because it's automatically better to start a guy who has struggled at AAA than a guy who hasn't pitched there.

Yeh, I wouldn't start Eveland yet either. He's been great overall but he has grwing to do. I'd like to see his at the end of nest yea be ready to drive the Crew to the playoffs http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Quote:
Right, because it's automatically better to start a guy who has struggled at AAA than a guy who hasn't pitched there.

Nice job chopping up my post to your likely. Like I said, i would keep santos and ohka now. People are making way too many knee jerk reactions. They aren't a bad 4 and 5.

Nice job chopping up my post to your likely.

You said:

He hasn't even cracked AAA yet and its not like he has overpowering stuff. Situational lefty is where he belongs right now. About 15 starts + about 5 innings a start + minor league innings = too many innings in '05.

I'd rather give hendrickson another shot in the big leagues, but i say keep santos and ohka for now.

So your post shouldn't be interpreted as you advocating Hendrickson starting over Eveland? I just cut your post to reduce length.

Like I said, i would keep santos and ohka now. People are making way too many knee jerk reactions.

Santos' Runs allowed:

Tonight: 5 in 5.0 innings

7/18: 6 in three innings

7/7: 8 in 4.1 innings

7/2: 3 in 5 innings

6/26: 5 in 5 innings

6/21: 4 in 7.0 innings

Last quality start: 6/10, a month and a half ago.

Hardly a knee-jerk reaction when it's based on 6 starts and 1.5 months of poor production.

Thanks for the clarification, end.

I don't think Ned was necessarily too quick with the hook, as he was playing to win.

I definitely agree that Dana is definitely going to have to prove himself to earn the confidence of Ned before he would get a shot in the rotation.

Archived