Brewer Fanatic

7/23/05 Brewers (Santos) @ Reds (Claussen) 6:10 CST

RyDogg66
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

which of the two DO you keep in the rotation?

I'd have to say you keep Ohka in the rotation and send Santos to the bullpen. Santos is trying to be too fine with his pitches and appears to be getting knocked around more often than Ohka.

Save for last night's game, Ohka has done a better job keeping the Crew in the game over the last few weeks.

He's would have bad outings too folks and the brewers want to limit his innings this year. Its not happening, let it go.

Where has it been said that the Brewers wanted to limit his innings?

That was just a theory put forth by Al, unless I missed a story somewhere.

As far as 'letting it go,' I guarantee you that Dana will start at some point this year. Maybe it'd be easier to 'let it go' if a couple members of the rotation were pulling their weight...

Quote:
The Dana Eveland love is just out of control.

As opposed to what, the "Let's keep Victor Santos/Ohka in the rotation" stance?

Quote:
He's would have bad outings too folks and the brewers want to limit his innings this year.

Take a look-see at Ohka's and Santos' last bunch of outings... Santos in particular is NOT pitching consistently well. Sure, the Brewers may want to limit his innings... that's why you make him the #5 so he gets skipped over with rest days. But really... did you see Florida limiting Willis' innings when he first came up? How about Webb in Arizona? What about some of those youngsters in Detroit? I hate to say this but... sometimes you do more harm by holding them back and limiting their innings than letting them pitch.

I'm not by ANY stretch advocating a Cal Eldred-esque "let's have Eveland pitch 250 innings" move. That would be moronic.

I agree with the comments about Santos, he's looked like crap since the end of June when I saw him pitch against the twins at the Keg. Maybe he's only an 80-100 inning guy and should be in the pen? I'd be fine with giving lil Ben another shot if this is the way Santos is going to pitch the rest of the year.

Seth

Quote:
are we still "showcasing " Lyle ? Not

Melvin said in the Journal this week that he's had interest but that he was not interested in moving Lyle. He'll be even less interested now

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

What's not to like about Dana so far this year? Small sample, but he's pitched awfully well replacing Phelps. It's well deserved love in my opinion. He just pounds the zone.

Seth

Archived