Brewer Fanatic

7/24/05 Brewers (Davis) @ Reds (Hudson) 12:15 CST

A) OPS is a guildline, not a hard rule

B) OPS Is flawed, it favors SLG too much

C) Branyan batting 4th would not bother me except I prefer to have the top 5 of the order not change on a daily basis. He's hitting for higher average than lee, walks more and has as much power.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else wonder why these sub-par players, I'm talking about Kearns and LaRue, always seem to bring their A game when they play against the Brewers?

And then there's Luke Hudson. Guys like him seem to "hold their spot" in the rotation after making a start against the Brewers.

And Sean Casey. Granted, he's a good player, but he's Ty Cobb against us.

if OPS is the only indicator used to rate hitters

I dare you to find someone who said that OPS is an all encompassing and perfect stat. Only indicator? Good luck finding that because you just made it up.

Also, you apparently missed alll the threads describing sample sizes and their importance to stats. Branyan has done excellant this year but has still had a small amount of ABs. I would expect those stats to regress to the mean somewhat.

I don't get people around here. Purposly distorting or flat out ignoring facts to "prove" things you don't understand wrong? What's the point of that?

Larue almost has an .800 OPS which is not bad at all for a C and Kearns is one of the biggest prospects in the game who has only failed because of injuries... plus that was a 328 foot HR, sometimes they just get lucky.

As for Hudson, he hasn't pitched well at all today, we've just managed to not score much given ample opportunities.

Sorry, I was only joking about trading for Encarnacion. I meant it to mean that it looks like we will we seeing him for awhile in the Reds lineup because he looks to be as good as he was touted to be.

Archived